Ducks

We built our pond years ago, and a bit later, a Muscovy duck just showed up - they're not native here, and not really even wild, but there she was. Later on, we bought her a boyfriend, whom you see pictured.

This topic was edited
RE:Ducks

An amazing pond Steve. What a beautiful place to be one with nature!
I built a pond at one of our previous homes, nestled in the woods. I introduced koi but the frogs and crawfish migrated naturally. I would have deer walk within feet of me while reading. So wonderful when you become tuned in to the environment.
I regret not knowing the liberty of naturism back then! It would have been even more enjoyable

This post was edited

Your picture of your conversation with Muscovy makes it clear that she came because you're a nudist and a good soul and she probably realized she was safe figuring you were perhaps a transplant like her. It's all beautiful like out of a story book!

This post was edited

That is some pond!

This post was edited

We didn't try koi, because we knew the cane toads would show up; their poison eggs kill koi. We just put in guppies for mosquito control. The main agricultural function of the pond is to grow Azolla fern - the green pond weed in the pic - to use as compost stock.

This post was edited