Have you answered your door nude?

I know this is a perennial subject of discussion and it has many legal issues depending where you live; but as somebody who performs deliveries to people's front door and in a place where public nudity is illegal I can say I have had some interesting experiences.

Previously I have posted about a few ladies I have seen who have been nude only seconds before answering the door (nb these encounters did not evolve into something in the sealed section of a 'mens magazine'!) but the most recent experience was a very natural and pleasant one:

I had arrived at a suburban property which was walled and with a gate, I could see over the gate and the front door was open and with a screen door. At the gate was a door bell which I duly rang, waited and then proceeded to the screen door up the path. Once at the screen door I could see inside was a young lady nude at her dining table and her two kids also playing nude. There was another door bell at the screen door which I duly also rang. The young lady hoped up and said I only have a towel and proceeded towards me at the door, where I handed her the parcel. As a strange irony as I walked away I realised it needed a signature....so I doubled back and held the screen for her to sign while looking away. Again this did not evolve into anything sexual!

So the reason why the long anecdote; isn't this how it should be? one should be legally allowed to be nude in their own home and get on with life, even if somebody comes to the front door?

This topic was edited
RE:Have you answered your door nude?

Yes, of course it is! An important aspect here is that that the woman was naked and you as a delivery person were clothed. A naked man is more likely to be considered sexually aggressive in approaching a clothed woman even in a towel in his home.

This post was edited

Yes, of course it is! An important aspect here is that that the woman was naked and you as a delivery person were clothed. A naked man is more likely to be considered sexually aggressive in approaching a clothed woman even in a towel in his home.

Do you think this is social conditioning though? I agree that she may have felt more at ease with me being clothed, but would also add that its a high probability there was a porch cam in operation too - her and her significant other may have had a laugh at me looking away from her when I went back for the signature.

This post was edited

I have but way not on purpose to who was on the other side of the door. It was suppose to be a nudist friend instead it was very hot headed customer with the intent to vent. I stood there and listened to his gripes. I already knew not to piss this guy off but that happened when no one answered the call out number. Around here one ought not display themselves. I called his brother and asked him to do some damage control for me which he did.

This post was edited

Yes, once on purpose and once with the agreement from the persons at the door. On purpose was door to door religious solicitors. I figured if I did so, they'd not return ever. That's held true for the last several years. Each time, I warned them. The second time was two younger adults selling ... wait for it ... vacuum cleaner. I told them about me being nude and they both said, they were okay with it. I opened the door but did not expose my entire nude body.

They were determined to sell me this machine and asked to come in and demonstrate it. I told them that both myself and my wife were nudists and live nude. They thought about it and decided that their boss would probably not want them to do that, but they said, "if it were just up to us, we're fine with it." I gave them a $10 Starbucks gift card to buy a coffee on me! hahahaha

This post was edited

I have but way not on purpose to who was on the other side of the door. It was suppose to be a nudist friend instead it was very hot headed customer with the intent to vent. I stood there and listened to his gripes. I already knew not to piss this guy off but that happened when no one answered the call out number. Around here one ought not display themselves. I called his brother and asked him to do some damage control for me which he did.

This post was edited

Do you think this is social conditioning though? I agree that she may have felt more at ease with me being clothed, but would also add that its a high probability there was a porch cam in operation too - her and her significant other may have had a laugh at me looking away from her when I went back for the signature.

Yes, society has a lot of unwritten rules which assume that men are the sexual aggressors and women the potential victims in need of protection. For example, women reporters are allowed into men's locker rooms and consider any restrictions discrimination, but restrictions that men are allowed in pro women's locker rooms for only 30 minutes are considered justified. Accusations against men related to rape of women are treated more seriously than of men against women for forced penetration of men. The whole "Me Too" movement was limited to sexual assault against women only, despite that 1 in 5 boys will become a victim of child sexual abuse before his or her 18th birthday. Feminism has allowed women to display more masculine behavior without accountability, whereas men are generally considered guilty until proven innocent. There are double standards out there.

This post was edited

As someone who's done home services for 20 years and worked in 1000s of homes, I am somewhere between skeptical and jealous of all these encounters. I have seen all kinds of crazy shit in clients' homes, including and not limited to some highly illegal stuff. But I've never had someone just answer the door naked unless it was a nudist friend. Considering I'm an AC repairman in a warm climate, I am bummed it's never happened. And you'd think since when I show up the AC is broken and the house is HOT.... they probably should be naked.

Maybe there is a difference between a fleeting encounter with delivery person that you never really know when they show up, versus my scheduled appointments and longer duration of time in the home. And maybe people fear risking running off the AC repairman at a time they desperately need their AC fixed... risk/reward not worth it when your house is +90F. I dunno.

But yes... I want to live in a world where someone answers the door naked and just carries on like any other customer. They feel no need to explain themselves, make no "just out of the shower" excuses, asks for permission, etc... just be normal and natural, because it is. But... that's not the world we live in, and that sucks. At the same time, I'm pretty sure 99% of these stories are nudist-fantasy play.

This post was edited

As someone who's done home services for 20 years and worked in 1000s of homes, I am somewhere between skeptical and jealous of all these encounters. I have seen all kinds of crazy shit in clients' homes, including and not limited to some highly illegal stuff. But I've never had someone just answer the door naked unless it was a nudist friend. Considering I'm an AC repairman in a warm climate, I am bummed it's never happened. And you'd think since when I show up the AC is broken and the house is HOT.... they probably should be naked.Maybe there is a difference between a fleeting encounter with delivery person that you never really know when they show up, versus my scheduled appointments and longer duration of time in the home. And maybe people fear risking running off the AC repairman at a time they desperately need their AC fixed... risk/reward not worth it when your house is +90F. I dunno.But yes... I want to live in a world where someone answers the door naked and just carries on like any other customer. They feel no need to explain themselves, make no "just out of the shower" excuses, asks for permission, etc... just be normal and natural, because it is. But... that's not the world we live in, and that sucks. At the same time, I'm pretty sure 99% of these stories are nudist-fantasy play.

Can I suggest that as somebody who delivers parcels to the door I'd see probably 60 to 70 more people each shift than you'd see in a day. So it's probably a numbers thing that has derived the three ladies I have had an encounter with. Given I knock on up to 450 doors per week you can see how this is actually an extremely low occurrence.

I must add I have also had a tonne of fellas come to the door hitching on their briefs or boxers that they've just put on. I just haven't written of these experiences.

This post was edited

As someone who's done home services for 20 years and worked in 1000s of homes, I am somewhere between skeptical and jealous of all these encounters. I have seen all kinds of crazy shit in clients' homes, including and not limited to some highly illegal stuff. But I've never had someone just answer the door naked unless it was a nudist friend. Considering I'm an AC repairman in a warm climate, I am bummed it's never happened. And you'd think since when I show up the AC is broken and the house is HOT.... they probably should be naked.Maybe there is a difference between a fleeting encounter with delivery person that you never really know when they show up, versus my scheduled appointments and longer duration of time in the home. And maybe people fear risking running off the AC repairman at a time they desperately need their AC fixed... risk/reward not worth it when your house is +90F. I dunno.But yes... I want to live in a world where someone answers the door naked and just carries on like any other customer. They feel no need to explain themselves, make no "just out of the shower" excuses, asks for permission, etc... just be normal and natural, because it is. But... that's not the world we live in, and that sucks. At the same time, I'm pretty sure 99% of these stories are nudist-fantasy play.Can I suggest that as somebody who delivers parcels to the door I'd see probably 60 to 70 more people each shift than you'd see in a day. So it's probably a numbers thing that has derived the three ladies I have had an encounter with. Given I knock on up to 450 doors per week you can see how this is actually an extremely low occurrence.I must add I have also had a tonne of fellas come to the door hitching on their briefs or boxers that they've just put on. I just haven't written of these experiences.

What about towels? Do many people answer the door wearing one?

This post was edited

As someone who's done home services for 20 years and worked in 1000s of homes, I am somewhere between skeptical and jealous of all these encounters. I have seen all kinds of crazy shit in clients' homes, including and not limited to some highly illegal stuff. But I've never had someone just answer the door naked unless it was a nudist friend. Considering I'm an AC repairman in a warm climate, I am bummed it's never happened. And you'd think since when I show up the AC is broken and the house is HOT.... they probably should be naked.Maybe there is a difference between a fleeting encounter with delivery person that you never really know when they show up, versus my scheduled appointments and longer duration of time in the home. And maybe people fear risking running off the AC repairman at a time they desperately need their AC fixed... risk/reward not worth it when your house is +90F. I dunno.But yes... I want to live in a world where someone answers the door naked and just carries on like any other customer. They feel no need to explain themselves, make no "just out of the shower" excuses, asks for permission, etc... just be normal and natural, because it is. But... that's not the world we live in, and that sucks. At the same time, I'm pretty sure 99% of these stories are nudist-fantasy play.Can I suggest that as somebody who delivers parcels to the door I'd see probably 60 to 70 more people each shift than you'd see in a day. So it's probably a numbers thing that has derived the three ladies I have had an encounter with. Given I knock on up to 450 doors per week you can see how this is actually an extremely low occurrence.I must add I have also had a tonne of fellas come to the door hitching on their briefs or boxers that they've just put on. I just haven't written of these experiences.What about towels? Do many people answer the door wearing one?

In my posts and comments I have talked about three ladies who have been naked, and seen by myself, prior to opening the door. The last one as posted here literally put the towel around here as she approached me but had already been fully nude to myself.

In regards to ladies who have answered the door with just a towel around them; there's about another half dozen and as you'd expect its always on the early morning week day shift and they are getting ready to go to work.

I think there's a climate issue too; Brisbane is hot and humid most of the year and around 50% of front doors are already open (and mostly screens are locked) when I approach them. Its not till I'm in the 10.00AM to 3.00PM time slot that doors are mostly closed here.

This post was edited