RE:Have you answered your door nude?

I once answered the door to a friend that I saw coming and had been nude in his presence before.
The second encounter technically was not answering the door, but not panicking and jumping to cover. Both the garage door and the door into the house from the garage were open and I was standing at the kitchen sink which is visible from the door. My neighbor announced himself by saying, "The nudist colony is down the street." I turned and walked to the doorway and engaged in conversation as if I was dressed in a three piece suit. When we completed our business, he left with no further comment.
Apparently, the nudist colony comment was a reference to a guy in the neighborhood that mowed his lawn while nude. I have no details of that.

This post was edited

As someone who's done home services for 20 years and worked in 1000s of homes, I am somewhere between skeptical and jealous of all these encounters. I have seen all kinds of crazy shit in clients' homes, including and not limited to some highly illegal stuff. But I've never had someone just answer the door naked unless it was a nudist friend. Considering I'm an AC repairman in a warm climate, I am bummed it's never happened. And you'd think since when I show up the AC is broken and the house is HOT.... they probably should be naked.Maybe there is a difference between a fleeting encounter with delivery person that you never really know when they show up, versus my scheduled appointments and longer duration of time in the home. And maybe people fear risking running off the AC repairman at a time they desperately need their AC fixed... risk/reward not worth it when your house is +90F. I dunno.But yes... I want to live in a world where someone answers the door naked and just carries on like any other customer. They feel no need to explain themselves, make no "just out of the shower" excuses, asks for permission, etc... just be normal and natural, because it is. But... that's not the world we live in, and that sucks. At the same time, I'm pretty sure 99% of these stories are nudist-fantasy play.Can I suggest that as somebody who delivers parcels to the door I'd see probably 60 to 70 more people each shift than you'd see in a day. So it's probably a numbers thing that has derived the three ladies I have had an encounter with. Given I knock on up to 450 doors per week you can see how this is actually an extremely low occurrence.I must add I have also had a tonne of fellas come to the door hitching on their briefs or boxers that they've just put on. I just haven't written of these experiences.What about towels? Do many people answer the door wearing one?In my posts and comments I have talked about three ladies who have been naked, and seen by myself, prior to opening the door. The last one as posted here literally put the towel around here as she approached me but had already been fully nude to myself.In regards to ladies who have answered the door with just a towel around them; there's about another half dozen and as you'd expect its always on the early morning week day shift and they are getting ready to go to work.I think there's a climate issue too; Brisbane is hot and humid most of the year and around 50% of front doors are already open (and mostly screens are locked) when I approach them. Its not till I'm in the 10.00AM to 3.00PM time slot that doors are mostly closed here.

How about men in towels?

This post was edited

How about men in towels?

Not so often - men that I believe who have been nude prior to answering the door I usually find tugging up their briefs or boxers as they open the door.

That said, my personal choice is always the beach towel as I am mostly nude after having been for a swim in our pool and towel is handy. Have chatted to my neighbours at our front door and in 'just my towel' several times too!

This post was edited

In some states and areas naked at the door might be passable. Many others it is not. It is not that important to me to greet the UPS driver naked nor any other service person. I understand it is important for others for their reasons to do so.

This post was edited

i'm nude now if the doorbell rings i'm not getting dressed as it's my home so why should i but saying that i'm also not going to fling the front door open either . the door is a great barrier for nudist to use and if you stand on edge whomever is there can see the edge of your body and just enough skin that tells you are nude but what your showing should offend them . i'm always confused most say " oh i'm sorry i woke you " hm maybe they sleep nude too now the tricky part and maybe my area most deliveries they just toss on the porch and don't ring the door bell even but my door it's people selling stuff , taking polls , JW , etc so unless they want to hand me stuff they won't see me nude and again they can see the bare skin edge of me so that's should be my warning that Hey i'm nude. now for those who do similar answering the door i think many ringing the door bell want to see us nude . my line at door no thank you ! them ] well can i give you a pamphlet ? this task takes holding the door , the screen door and getting the pamphlet i don't have three hands and now i'm nude halfway out the door. never had anyone get upset the last JW at the door two women and when i opened the screen door one eyes never looked down the other eyes up and down several times and keep talking i regret not inviting them in and discussing nudism with them . my next door neighbor another i actually thinks she takes mail from my mailbox to come to door telling me my mail was left in her box .

This post was edited

How about men in towels?Not so often - men that I believe who have been nude prior to answering the door I usually find tugging up their briefs or boxers as they open the door.That said, my personal choice is always the beach towel as I am mostly nude after having been for a swim in our pool and towel is handy. Have chatted to my neighbours at our front door and in 'just my towel' several times too!

I would never be seen opening the door in underwear because I don't own any.
I usually have a pair of shorts handy and if I do i quickly slip them on.
If I have a towel and not shorts, I wrap it around my waist and answer the door.

This post was edited

I have never answered the door nude, but would occasionally answer it in underwear when I used to wear it.
Our gas meter reader had a key at one time, and he would ring the bell, and if no one answered, he would unlock the door and come in.
The meter was in the basement.
Twice the doorbell rang when I was in the basement with no cover available.
When I walked upstairs to get something to put on so I could answer the door, he had already opened the door and saw me nude.

This post was edited

How about men in towels?Not so often - men that I believe who have been nude prior to answering the door I usually find tugging up their briefs or boxers as they open the door.That said, my personal choice is always the beach towel as I am mostly nude after having been for a swim in our pool and towel is handy. Have chatted to my neighbours at our front door and in 'just my towel' several times too!

Someone on this board is a superintendent and repair man in an apartment building.
He said that when a male tenant answered the door in underwear or a towel, he tells them there is no need to cover for his sake since he is a nudist.
The tenant will often answer the door nude the next time and the super can work nude in that unit.

This post was edited

I have answered few times for doordash delivery. It was brief and the other person did not complain. But after reading a discussion in reddit, a delivery person was feeling violated about others answering doors naked. I kinda stopped doing that. As other said, i dont mind answering the door nude for friends.

This post was edited

No, and that includes scheduled visits at our site at a nudist resort. I had to meet the cable technician at the resort front gate and show him how to get to our site, so I was dressed until he left. That didn't stop others from walking by our site nude, since it was opening day and the weather was nice. The technician told me he had been to the resort before and knew what to expect.

This post was edited