RE:Pool Maintenance

Not exactly pool maintenance, but I swept the pool cover and deck nude today so it will be ready when the pool service comes to set up the pool on Thursday.

Tuesday was not warm enough. Pool service company came a day early and was here for several hours yesterday. They called first thing in the morning so I knew not to be nude around the pool when they arrived. Did get a little nude time in during the late afternoon.

This post was edited

I got a different question everyone.Hated taking care of pool for my side job . So dont plan on putting one in at the new home.But has anyone ever had a swim spa ?They sure are something that looks good plus a hot tub for winter use.

Our next-door neighbors have a Spool, spa/pool. It's larger than a spa and quite smaller than a pool. It's large enough for a couple of inflatable lounges and seats about 12 (14 is you don't mind being cozy!) people quite comfortably for spa use. It's certainly something we'd look into in the future. Theirs is very similar to the second photo. No swimming in the Spool but great for cooling off in the summer and plenty of room for all your naked friends!

This post was edited

That looks like a great place to relax. If nothing else, its a small area to maintain.

This post was edited

Did a little work on the pool this morning.
Nude of course.

This post was edited

Did some pool maintenance today as well. Never fails, each Wednesday the pool guy comes, cleans the pool and Thursdays, without fail, the wind blows, and we get a bunch of leaves in the pool. I don't mind skimming the top and bottom of the pool, especially when it's warm out. Got a little sun today too!

This post was edited

Did some pool maintenance today as well. Never fails, each Wednesday the pool guy comes, cleans the pool and Thursdays, without fail, the wind blows, and we get a bunch of leaves in the pool. I don't mind skimming the top and bottom of the pool, especially when it's warm out. Got a little sun today too!

We have a solar cover which minimizes but does not eliminate leaves in the pool.

This post was edited

I have been doing small projects around the pool nude for the past 2 weeks. Today it was warm enough to go out and start the pump nude. Stayed nude while I gave the pool its first vacuuming of the year. Had to put on shorts to clean the filter because my wife's friend came over.

This post was edited

I was back in pool cleaning mode today. The leaves that made it in the pool through the torn flap made a mess on the bottom & sides. I had pulled out the pressure washer on Tuesday & the wand lasted about 10 minutes and trigger quit engaging. Oh well, new wand arrived today at lunch and the pool is now clean again. I stopped for the day about 4PM and have the residual water draining. Tomorrow, Ill clean out the leaves & stuff that falls in overnight, check the varied fittings on the pump & filter. So, about 15000 gallons later, I might be in business. Wish me luck.

This post was edited

I was back in pool cleaning mode today. The leaves that made it in the pool through the torn flap made a mess on the bottom & sides. I had pulled out the pressure washer on Tuesday & the wand lasted about 10 minutes and trigger quit engaging. Oh well, new wand arrived today at lunch and the pool is now clean again. I stopped for the day about 4PM and have the residual water draining. Tomorrow, Ill clean out the leaves & stuff that falls in overnight, check the varied fittings on the pump & filter. So, about 15000 gallons later, I might be in business. Wish me luck.

Good Luck!! ;D

We are having typical weather for this time of year. Cool, overcast mornings followed by calm breezes and occasional moderate gusts. By 10 am, the overcast clouds have dissipated and it's sunny and warm. That's when we venture outside to get some sun and do some work. We planted some privets along the wall for privacy from the adjacent two-story homes. They are flowering now and the green leaves on the privets turn red and then fall off and into the pool. I'm skimming almost daily.

We pitched the automatic pool cleaner. I was spending more time getting it unstuck then it was actually cleaning the pool. I enjoy being naked outside and most times can't sit still so doing some pool maintenance and getting some sun is a win/win for me.

This post was edited

Fortunately living in south Mississippi we had a screen pool enclosure installed a few years ago, eliminated the leaf problem in the pool and the deer fly/horse fly/wasp problem. It was expensive but definitely worth the cost. The only problem is the water stays much cooler with the screen cutting down on the UV reaching the pool.

This post was edited