RE:Utility kilts for men

I am fortunate that my boss not only allows but encourages kilt wearingNice!!!!

This post was edited

I wish that were true for me. I once bumped into my boss around town and I was wearing my kilt. He seemed really put off by it. I figured it was a safe bet to never bring it up for office attire.

This post was edited

I wish that were true for me. I once bumped into my boss around town and I was wearing my kilt. He seemed really put off by it. I figured it was a safe bet to never bring it up for office attire.I've been wearing my skirts everywhere. I've received a lot of double-takes and a few positive comments.

I got one negative expression. And I may be reading too much into it. I walked through a doorway and then held the door open for a mom and her two children who were following me. Mom was very appreciative at first and then she saw my skirt. A startled and slightly horrified look came over her face -- or maybe she just remembered she left the stove on.

This post was edited

I have been wearing kilts for 19 years now. Being a guy with a thicker bottom half(ass and thighs) it makes finding pants that fit well and comfortably a pain. Kilts do away with all of that, get it to fit in the waist and you're good. I have dress kilts, utility kilts, a handful of tartan kilts and solid black kilts, as well as a light weight 5 year lounge around kilt. I love them, definitely one of my favorite items to wear.

This post was edited

When I was thin -- around the waist -- I couldn't find pants that fit. My legs are very muscular.

If the pants fit at the waist, I couldn't get my legs into them. If they were big enough for my legs, they were way t big for my waist.

Now that I have quite a belly, that's no longer a problem.

Nonetheless, skirts are great.

This post was edited

I have been wearing kilts for 19 years now. Being a guy with a thicker bottom half(ass and thighs) it makes finding pants that fit well and comfortably a pain. Kilts do away with all of that, get it to fit in the waist and you're good. I have dress kilts, utility kilts, a handful of tartan kilts and solid black kilts, as well as a light weight 5 year lounge around kilt. I love them, definitely one of my favorite items to wear.

Meaning you like them a lot or dislike them less than most others types of clothing?

This post was edited

I have always had an affinity for the kilt... guess it's my Scottish/Irish side over ruling the German/Dutch side...

I have made my own kilts/sarongs to use as a coverup when I'm out hiking... one is short (just enough to reach mid thigh) the other is longer but I rarely use it.

I actually came across another person last year and had to quickly cover up with the short one and hold it closed while we talk... the kilt, my sandles and my day pack were the only things I was wearing at the time and it was rather interesting.

This post was edited

Ive been thinking about buying a kilt for awhile now but just havent pulled the trigger yet. When Im at home on my private and secluded property I have no need for clothes and when I go out I wear socially acceptable shorts or pants. In my own personal experiences of encountering men wearing kilts is that most of them are doing it for a counter culture fashion statement, its never a guy who could be a business banker or other normal person. This is why I havent been too eager to follow through and buy a kilt.

This post was edited

There is a young man working at our local grocery store. He wears kilts on the job. I have wanted to ask him if the management had to approve but he is usually busy as a checker. I estimate his age around mid 30's.

This post was edited

I find it so comfortable and practical to wear a skirt, as well as being very sensual. I have been quite shy about wearing them when I am out, but am getting more confident. So far there have been some "double-takes", but no negative comments. I try to do it in a way that looks good, so the skirts are not especially feminine, like in my photo. For me it isn't necessarily cross-dressing, it is just wearing an item of clothing I find suits me.

This post was edited