Indecent exposure help

Looking for some advice.........I've been summoned to appear for an arraignment pertaining to an early morning naked walk, and someone called the cops! I was alone, in an empty parking lot or so I thought. Anyway, has anyone had to go through this? Open to any input

This topic was edited
RE:Indecent exposure help

Im sorry to hear that. Are you an AANR member? I believe they offer some help or resources.

This post was edited

Unless the someone who you are looking for that experienced being cited for public nudity (or worse) is in the exact state and locality as you their experience won't matter. Every state, county, town, city, and village has unique laws. Thinking of laws, did you check out your jurisdictional laws on nudity before you started your walks?

This post was edited

What state are you in?

This post was edited

As a general rule, and I am saying this as a former California peace officer, a crime is not a crime unless all elements listed in the penal code are met to make it a crime. For example, in California, you can not be cited or arrested for indecent exposure unless the element of lude or lascivious behavior is committed along with the nudity. Every DA in the state has said that simple nudity does not meet the criteria of ludeness or lasciviousness to fulfill the elements of the crime. If someone has an erection, or they are fondeling themselves, then that meets the criteria. Simple nudity does not but again, what state are you in?

This post was edited

I'm in Washington State, and the statute states "intentionally makes any open and obscene exposure of his or her person or the person of another knowing that such conduct is likely to cause reasonable affront or alarm."

This post was edited

Im sorry to hear that. Are you an AANR member? I believe they offer some help or resources.

I am an AANR member, I'll look into that, thank you

This post was edited

every little jurisdiction changes the situation - OREGON STATE is "we don't care, just don't be lewd". But my town of Redmond is "show your genitals at all and it's 5-30 days in jail."

This post was edited

Im sure there are many here who, like me, are keenly interested with how this turns out. Please keep us informed. And, good luck.

This post was edited

In my area in Illinois it's a sex crime unless under extreme situation like rape, your on fire or your house is on fire or accidentally rip your clothes. Shoot even skinny dipping is illegal and the Chicago bike ride always hits legal road blocks each year. It kinda strange because when my mother was a kid skinny dipping and mooning people was just seen as fun

This post was edited

I would definitely explore the definition of what is obscene by state statue. Is mere non-sexual nudity obscene? Do art text books in Washington high schools show the works of Van Gogh and other classic artists? There are even paintings of nudes in many state capitol grounds. Do your homework. I would also contact these folks: https://naturistaction.org/

Keep us posted.

Don

This post was edited