Beating the heat

Folks . . . its been hot here. I think our entire area has been at 90F+ for days & sometimes hotter. I had to do some church grounds work today & it ran longer than expected. There was a little grass to be mowed, sidewalks edged, walkways blown off & a little hedge work. I thought it would take about an hour, maybe a little more. My start was late as the weed eater would not start & necessitated a 20 minute or so repair; my arrival time was now after 10 AM. The work was more involved, lots of weed whacking & an overgrown hedge. It was after 12PM & about 95F when I finished. My clothes were soaked with perspiration. The short of it is that a quick stripping off of the clothes came moments after arriving home, a quick rinse & into the pool I went. That was my beating the heat & it was wonderful. Anyone else have a similar experience?

This topic was edited
RE:Beating the heat

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Similar, except for the clothes part. I've been doing a lot of mowing but if it involves getting dressed..... it ain't gonna happen. That's why my backyard looks so much better than the front. It's actually kind of amazing to me how much heat I can stand if I don't trap it against me with soggy clothes. Granted walking/standing under a cool outdoor shower now and then and then cooling from the inside out by slugging down ice water and Gatorade helps quite a bit. Then it's back to the mowing or whatever. Just doesn't seem so much like work when you're naked.

This post was edited

After several days of 90+ temps and 105+ heat index the last few weeks, we got a real break on Wednesday and Thursday this week. After more coffee on back patio nude, I slipped out to the barn and cleaned up and put away tools. Just chilled around the house and in backyard sans clothes. Thursday was storming until noon. I tried coffee under patio cover but wind was blowing cold rain on my nakedness so I took it inside. After lunch, I went to barn/shop again and cleaned inside of all the windows and caulked in shop in prep for final painting.

Friday, the heat returned with a venagance accompanied by very high humidity. I had to go to the airport to finish Annual Condition Inspection on the RV-4 and to meet the avionics guy for semi-annual transponder and static system check, which was postponed from Thursday due to storms. The grass field gets soggy in the rain. Despite a big barrel fan blowing right one me while working, it was uncomfortable in sticky wet t-shirt and shorts. Despite drinking three bottles of water, a quart of Gatorade Zero and a Coke Zero, I was dehydrated by the time I finished.

As soon as I got home, I stripped off and enjoyed the a/c and rehydrated. Now I need to get Annual Inspextion done on J-3.I may wait for more moderate temps. Still need a post maintenance test flight on RV-4. It was too hot and too tired on Friday.

Tuesday is looking like we will get another break. Might get back to painting the shop. At least that I can do nude!

This post was edited

Been pretty dang hot here, I now mow early or late, so I can do it nude. Got a skin dr appointment and trying to avoid getting fussed at, well and I got tired of getting cut on! I cant stand having what air thats moving blocked by fabric, just silly in my mind.
Once its after 9 or so I go to the barn and work on stuff in front of the big fan. Beer :30 too! Just piddling on the numerous things that need attention around a home place. Then a quick rinse with the hose/shower and pool time!
Oh, OldArmyGuy,,, you got some Nice toys!!

This post was edited