Do nudists make better friends?

A guy named Kaelen with a youtube channel called Ecstatic Self did a great commentary on the value of nudity in friendship, how it makes people more open, authentic, genuine and vulnerable. Although he may be a gay male, he defined this in terms of vitality and friendship rather than a gay subculture thing. He reinforces the need for society to be more body and sex positive without focusing on sex, and I appreciate his wisdom and positive energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTvIMLBsmAQ

This topic was edited
RE:Do nudists make better friends?

Yes, 100%

This post was edited

Definitely. My nudist friends are my real friends and the ones I'm most comfortable with. The barriers with my clothed acquaintances are obvious and restricting. I don't feel completely relaxed around them.
We can talk about anything with each other, without feeling something might be awkward or offensive. Being gay is a complete non issue, and when I'm in the nudist world I get to feel the freedom of what straight people must feel, not being judged or thought of as abnormal.
The positivity and happiness is the most therapeutic thing I've experienced.
Around clothed people, it's as though something isn't right - they're not truly comfortable with themselves, and things have to be hidden. Be careful how you act and what you say, and whatever you do, don't even think of touching them or being affectionate. I can't connect properly like that.

This post was edited

Totally. The friends I'm closest to and most comfortable with are those who let barriers fall, including the textile one. I've enjoyed hiking with men who, once they strip down to go skinny dipping, realize that I'm not judgemental. And then any amount of time spent nude together is OK with them. Once that's happened, the conversations are better and we have an easier time just doing whatever comes naturally. I'm always happy when I can help a man to discover that it's OK to enjoy himself in company as he would when he's alone.

This post was edited

Hmmm...that's an interesting question.

My wife and I have nudist friends at the resort; with three couples we occasionally hang out with "IRW." Are they "better" friends than our "textile" friends? Well it depends how you look at it.

We probably have actually more in common with our textile friends. Lots of shared interests and experiences; and we all live fairly close to each other. Some of these friendships have been for 10+ years. We've seen each other through our ups and downs; and all feel connected through it.

Our nudist friendships are more recent. Certainly, there is something to be said for the fact that we've all seen each other "nooks, crannies and all"; i.e. the "freedom", comfort, and natural intimacy that has resulted from us spending so much time naked around each other. But. We also don't have that much in common beyond mutual nakedness tbh. We all live in different places and are in different stages of our lives. Which makes it difficult to maintain the same connection as we do when naked at the resort.

So it's hard to compare the two. They're beneficial in different ways. I would hate to have to pick between one or the other.

This post was edited

For us, it is somewhat true but not completely.

One of the big differences between both friend groups is full honesty. The nudists are much more honest than our textile friends. Our circle of both friend groups is 4 couples, including us. I think that's my wife's limit on close friendships. We've known the textile friends longer (close to 40 years), but we've been friends with our nudist friends for over 25 years.

I don't doubt that the textile friends would come to our aid if needed but they all live relatively close by and hardly ever communicate unless we instigate it. Our nudist friends are all out of state and one couple living in Canada. They all email, text, send cards and we see them almost as much as we see the textile friends.

Our textile friends will ALWAYS respond to the question, "how are things going?", "everything is great. everything is wonderful," when in fact we know that it isn't. Wouldn't good friends, best of friends be honest with one another? Our nudist friends are. If there's trouble, they aren't afraid to share to get some insight, some advice, or just an ear to listen.

We've made these circles of friends because we have lots in common, without the nudity. We've been on vacations with two of the nudist couples where we were clothed more than naked and had a great time. The friendship is our bond, not the nudity. We've been on vacations with a couple of the textile couples and the trips didn't go so well. The issues they were having and the unwillingness to share what's bothering them, caused riffs during the vacations because we didn't know what was wrong. So, it can be taken personally when it isn't. We don't have that with our nudist friends. It's open, honest and not nearly as secretive as with the textile couples.

Before anyone begins with, "it's none of your business," you need to understand our whole story and don't be quick to judge.

This post was edited

My friends seem to think so they know Im a nudist

This post was edited

Most definitely they have nothing to hide and I have found that they are genuinely nice people

This post was edited