Spencer Tunick - Brisbane 2024

I've registered to participate in Spencer's October 2024 installation here in Brisbane. He plans to assemble his installation on the Story Bridge and needs 2500 people. I can't wait for this and truly hope to be selected.
I can't wait to be nude in a very public space and support the LGBTQIA community that it's planned for as part of the MELT Festival.
But I can't stop thinking that the installation should also be integrated to an overall support of the nude community here in a state where public nudity is still illegal and where we have no clothing optional beaches.
With 2500 nude people I know I will have moments of discovery of people I know that have not disclosed their love of nakedness. Surely we can get TAN or GNA or both and many others onboard.

This topic was edited
RE:Spencer Tunick - Brisbane 2024

I presume he (or someone on his behalf) is getting permits for such works. Possibly for the promotion/tourism angle. Seems strange that the same cannot happen for selected beaches given the amount of coastline. Also strange that policing said beaches seems to be a higher priority that the current crime rates.

This post was edited

Nude4070, I want to wish you the VERY BEST of luck in your application for a slot in the upcoming Spencer Tunick installation in Brisbane. It will be a FANTASTIC experience for you AND it is in support of a very good cause!

I was fortunate enough to participate in Spencer Tunick's installation at the Sydney Opera House, in March of 2010, in support of the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. I considered it a privilege to participate in a historic moment in photography, while adding a voice in support of gay and lesbian rights. OH... and did I mention how much FUN it was to get naked IN PUBLIC with 5,200 other Aussie men and women, in and around the Opera House, while the news cameras rolled and the flashes went off? LOL.

After the event, Spencer Tunick and/or his organization sent each of the participants a digital image. It's one of my prized possessions!

This post was edited

I've been accepted for this event. How exciting!

This post was edited

Congratulations mate! Enjoy.

This post was edited

Me too

This post was edited

......and me too!

This post was edited

I'm still waiting to be accepted....

This post was edited

Congrats to all who are successful, I hope you have a great time.

I would not want anything to stop the event, but I cannot understand the duplicity that allows Tunick to do this when there is nowhere in the Brisbane City Council area where public nudity is legal at other times. Certainly there are fewer and fewer open space areas under BCC control as the city grows, but as locals know, there are places where legalisation could happen.

Alternatively, it would be nice if such an event could become annual, like the swim in Hobart, so more people could be exposed to the idea of acceptable public nudity.

This post was edited

Congrats to all who are successful, I hope you have a great time.I would not want anything to stop the event, but I cannot understand the duplicity that allows Tunick to do this when there is nowhere in the Brisbane City Council area where public nudity is legal at other times. Certainly there are fewer and fewer open space areas under BCC control as the city grows, but as locals know, there are places where legalisation could happen.Alternatively, it would be nice if such an event could become annual, like the swim in Hobart, so more people could be exposed to the idea of acceptable public nudity.

110% agree!

This post was edited

It seems everyone who applies for Spencer Tunicks 2024 Brisbane photoshoot will be accepted. Theyre still calling for people to apply and are hoping for around 2500 people. Im thinking , if 2500 people (or more) signed a petition to state government requesting legal nude places be allowed in Queensland, it might be the start of this nanny state catching up with the rest of the country.
I live in hope.

This post was edited