Can a happy ending really be part of a healthy therapeutic massage?

We think so and there is research to prove it. On the other hand, here in North America it if frowned upon even though there is a growing body of evidence that suggests that having an orgasm can have several health benefits. Some of the potential benefits include:

Reduced stress and anxiety. Orgasms can release endorphins, which are hormones that have mood-boosting and pain-relieving effects.
Improved sleep. Orgasms can help to promote relaxation and sleepiness.
Enhanced cardiovascular health. Orgasms can increase heart rate and blood pressure, which can have beneficial effects on cardiovascular health.
Strengthened pelvic floor muscles. Orgasms can help to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, which can help to improve urinary incontinence and sexual function.
Reduced pain. Orgasms can help to reduce pain, including headache, menstrual cramps, and back pain.
Enhanced immune system. Orgasms can help to boost the immune system, which can help to fight off infection.
Improved mood. Orgasms can help to improve mood and reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Increased self-esteem. Orgasms can help to improve self-esteem and body image.
Promotes bonding and intimacy. Orgasms can help to promote bonding and intimacy with a partner.
It is important to note that more research is needed to confirm these benefits, and that orgasms may not have the same benefits for everyone. However, the available evidence suggests that having an orgasm can be a healthy and enjoyable part of a healthy lifestyle and yet including one in a friendly massage can have lasting benefits.

This topic was edited
RE:Can a happy ending really be part of a healthy therapeutic massage?

Totally agree. Keep advocating
Been trying to connect thru the other site. Hopefully soon

This post was edited

Oh Yesss !!!!

This post was edited

Yes it can. There are no rules regulating massage exchange between two or more willing participants. Only the commercial and religious people create rules. Two or more willing adults can discuss and agree what are their preferred limits and their particular interests before the massage begins. Orgasm can be part of that discussion, as well as massage intensity, duration and physical limits and concerns or desires. The person receiving need not be totally passive, if that's desired.

This post was edited

Perhaps there are three questions here. First, can an orgasm be a part of therapeutic massage? Second, can orgasms be considered a part of a legitimate state-overseen business? Lastly, would the draw of orgasm overshadow the massage and morph into full-scale prostitution? In jurisdictions that prohibit prostitution, it makes sense that orgasms and even nudity in massages is not permitted. If prostitution is legal, there is no need to hide it under the false flag of massage.
Among friends, I consider a happy ending a healthy and natural component of a massage.

This post was edited

Definitely. I've always considered it part of a massage. The genitals are part of the body too, and don't understand the awkwardness when it comes to including them in the massage.

This post was edited

Oh yes, that helps!

I have a therapist who gives me a happy middle. not a happy ending ! And after I always have a hard time, not falling asleep. I mean I turn over and he finishes my back. It has to be the best massage I have ever had. I love going to him as many times as I can

This post was edited

I certainly agree with those potential benefits.....and if further research is required.....I would definitely put myself forward as a volunteer!!! Interestingly, I have been fortunate to experience on several occasions during a massage, what one would call a 'full body or tantric orgasm', whereby the body and mind are brought to orgasmic bliss without any touching of the genitals or any actual ejaculation. A truly amazing and enlightening experience,

This post was edited

Oh yes, that helps!I have a therapist who gives me a happy middle. not a happy ending ! And after I always have a hard time, not falling asleep. I mean I turn over and he finishes my back. It Hass to be the best massage I have ever had. I love going to him as many times as I can

My primary massage therapist does this as well... She starts with me face down and does a pretty intense deep tissue massage on my back and shoulders. Then I flip over and my lower half (mostly legs and feet) is massaged. This is when the "release" is done. Then she moves on to a more Swedish style massage that ends with my back again.
The diffulty for a lot of people is understanding that this isn't particularly sexual. It's more of a transition from myofacial/deep tissue massage to relaxing massage.

This post was edited

Having provided massages for the past [25+] years, I will tell you when you skip the genitals it builds shame on the table. It leaves the client feeling empty and wondering. So often when getting a massage you spend a lot of time wondering will they touch all of me,... Same for both genders,...We all are human and all have parts that enjoy touch..

If this question were discussed seriously by the powers that be, I feel it would be decided quickly in the affirmative. However, this is mostly an issue here in the United States, as I've been made to understand that in some countries it is offered as part of the massage if the client wishes.

We're supposedly the most powerful and influential nation, but we have such hang-ups around sexuality and the naked body that people equate the two and aren't able to separate them as different entities. As an LMT, most of my massage sessions are above board, but I'll admit that I have 2 long time clients that I give releases to. Would I do this more often? Probably yes, if the clients on the table didn't get grabby, which has happened a few times in the past when I agreed and made attempts to be accommodating. The mindset of most Americans is that it isn't part of a service, but it is sex and should be mutually interactive. NO! If the client would remain quiet and loose on the table as they do during the other part of the massage session and not get grabby, I'd have no issue providing a release at the end, - or in the middle, as someone noted a few posts above, - and continue with my manipulations and strokes to relax the entire body. I cannot claim holier than thou, as I had that rigid mindset for the first few decades of my life, and later became enlightened and got to understand the differences between sex, nudity, and understand body acceptance. It took me a while to reach the point of where I am now to realize that release can be healthy and beneficial and not necessarily be sexual, but I know that some people will never change their mind and continue to thump on their bibles or whatever belief system they have and find ways to make us feel scared and ashamed to touch our own bodies, let alone touch another body.

Thoughts? Comments? Rebuttals? (inquiries for non-grabby appointments?)

This post was edited

This is truly a thoughtful and well considered response and I applaud you for your candor and willingness to draw on and share your own personal experience as a massage therapist. I 100% agree that we as a society seem to drive people to feel shame about our naked bodies and its many functions, including arousal and orgasm. And in spite of a lifetime of going to nude beaches and other nude places, I still have a strong flight and hide response when I get aroused in company, coupled with shame and embarrassment, even though I know I should not be ashamed. And even when those present (including sometimes massage practitioners) openly and without any judgment welcome my growing arousal.

I wish I had a wonderful practitioner like you who could guide me through my shame and help me truly overcome it and celebrate the magic of my body, probably over a series of sessions. Who would take me and enjoy increasing my arousal until I could hold back no longer openly and with respect and understanding- and then continue to truly massage me as I love really good massages. Especially when I am that relaxed!

One question though - I have come across several massage practitioners who are happy to themselves be touched, even massaged sometimes. I always ask and never assume. Are you saying thats never ok?

This post was edited