RE:Separating social nudity from sexual nudity

I to find a big difference between social nudity and sexual nudity. I have enjoyed being nude most of my life, I like the feeling of the sun and breeze on my skin, and just being nude is for me expressive, a little rebellious too. Social nudity connects you to others in an intimate way that is quite special, but in no way sexual at all, but maybe a little primal. Social nudity is freedom to be your very basic self in a "garden of Eden" setting. Sexual nudity has it's place, but not in social nudity.

This post was edited

It's not about what we're thinking or feeling it's about the way we behave (act) is the difference.
When nude and in a social setting don't do or say anything that you wouldn't if you were clothed. We all have different barriers in this regard so the emphasis here is reading the room and acting in accordance with the group setting

This post was edited

I have had no difficulty separating social nudity from sexual issues. A topic has been explored about getting erect and the production of precum, but I haven't had experience with either in simple nudist situations. To get erect for me requires sexual stimulation that doesn't occur from simple nude encounters in nudist situations.

This post was edited

There's no such thing as too much -- until, of course, there's chafing or rug burns... ; )

I think this is about nudity in front of others... and as for sexuality, of course all people have sex, maybe I have too much, heh, heh.

This post was edited

This seems to be an excellent and balanced discussion - and a very important one. In Western society, especially in the US, there is a (too) close a connection between nudity and sex. The commercial arena and the notion that "sex sells" undermine the fact that social nudity and sexual nudity CAN be separated (the subject here). Of course, we are sexual beings whether nude or textiled. The question articulated very well by a few here is how we behave and respect the environment where we are at a given point. If we are in a swingers' club (not my thing) and sexual nudity is the norm for that situation, people are expected to behave in one way. If we are in a social nudist setting, especially a family setting, we behave very differently. If I am in the woods alone or with accepting friends, I will be naked (weather permitting). When I am at the supermarket, I will be clothed. Context matters.

This post was edited

When I am at the supermarket, I will be clothed. Context matters.

Plus, most supermarkets are too cool for comfortable nudity!

This post was edited

Some anthropologists would say supermarkets are why humans started to wear clothes.

This post was edited
Separating social nudity from sexual nudity

As far as this is concerned, it doesn't matter what we might think, what counts is the way other people, behave and think about things. If people don't want to see me nude, they'll look another way. If someone doesn't like me being totally shaved, tough. I can separate social nudity from sexual nudity, if someone else does want sex with me, I'll consider it. If she wants to experience social nudity with me, we can do that as well. Stupid to think that while a lady might be sexually attracted to a nude male, for any reason, another male shouldn't be similarly attracted. Come up with your own answer and then the world will be in the normal balance.

This post was edited

Some anthropologists would say supermarkets are why humans started to wear clothes.

I think you're right on this point. The evidence points to it all starting with shoes and shirts - No shoes no shirt no service!

This post was edited

Some anthropologists would say supermarkets are why humans started to wear clothes.I think you're right on this point. The evidence points to it all starting with shoes and shirts - No shoes no shirt no service!

I rarely wear a shirt in the summer except in places that require them.

This post was edited