Ever had a random roomie complain?

In the next couple of weeks I will be in situations where I might be paired up with a random guy to share a hotel room with for a few nights to a week. How have you all handled your casualness to nudity in such situations? I can only sleep if naked. Slipping on something to pee during the night is silly. I have no qualms of if in the room I am nude. Thoughts

This topic was edited
RE:Ever had a random roomie complain?

I have been in that situation a few times. I found that honesty works. When it comes close to bed time, I just say something like I hope you don't mind, but I always sleep naked. Depending on the reaction on their faces, I added, don't worry though, I'll take my underwear off under the blankets. None of the guys ever had an issue with it. The answers ranged from 'ok', to 'I always sleep naked too, glad you brought it up'.

This post was edited

No. When I've been in that situation, I'll minimize the nudity, but certainly not resort to undressing under the covers or dressing for a nighttime trip to the bathroom. Typically, if the roomie is there as I tuck in, I'll sit on the bed in my pants, take them off and fold them onto the night stand, and pull up the covers. (Can't do the underwear-last thing because I don't own any...)

This post was edited

I had that situation one time. I turned the lights off, stood next to my bed took everything off and got in bed. As far as night time trips to the restroom I simply got up and did my thing. If he was awake he never said anything about it. This last a week.

This post was edited

II usually talk openly and say that I am naturist. The last few times that this happened, I told the other guy that, usually, when I am alone in my hoterl room, I get naked as soon as I enter the room. But it is ok to stay dressed if he prefered. I had a few guys who told me "I do the same" and we both got naked in the room without any problem and it was the same the following days as soon as we entered the room.

This post was edited

I used to have to share a room with coworkers on business trips. I did a whole "I'm not a very private person, so if I'm in the shower and you need to brush your teeth you are free to come in" kind of thing and gauged the guy's level of prudishness based on his response. If he was shocked, things ended there. If he was cool with it, then I could bring up sleeping in the buff near bedtime. If not, I packed a VERY loose pair of boxers to wear in the event that he couldn't handle seeing skin.

This post was edited

Its been 30 odd years since I had to share a room with someone who wasnt a family member, although I did like spending time nude back then, Id not considered myself a naturist. So there was no issue.

If I had to share now, although I cant imagine a situation where Id need to, Id not even mention naturism to the other people/person. Acting like a textile for a day or so wouldnt be a hardship and it wouldnt become awkward.

This post was edited

@Belhumeur50
I have made arrangements to share not only the room but driving as well . When I first talked to them I explained that I prefered being naked and would probably be naked at the hotel
He said I like driving naked and I was going to ask you about that!
We had a great few days and have remained good friends ever since
For a long time I wondered if we might develop a deeper relationship
We have had the friends with benefits for a few years but now we have gone back to being good friends who feel a special bond. Naked the whole time and never feel awkward
Honesty is the best policy from the start and if you really have to share and they complain I guess it's one for the textiles..

This post was edited

After moving from the barracks into the 2-man room at my first Duty Station in NOLA One day I decided to walk around the room naked and sat naked on my bed. My then roommate asked: "Is this a new thing"? I was like yeah! Get used to it. Well, I'll be damned if eventually we ended up moving into an apartment out in town and before I knew it, he was walking around the apartment naked as well. I was like well, I've created a monster LoL. We never judged each other and there was never, ever nothing sexual about it. We did had guy talks about things but never more than just two guys hanging out naked. Hawk

This post was edited

I had a roomie while in the Navy and our ship was in dry dock. He didn't complain but slept in whitey tighties. Onboard ship I had close to 30 roomies in the berthing compartment and though there was some complaining at first, it subsided quicker than I thought it would.

On the fire department, it was well known that I was a nudist. We slept in a dorm style room, I always slept nude and I routinely got up in the middle of the night to go to the head or across the way to the kitchen for water. No complaints because most everyone on the fire department was ex military.

We were deployed to fight major fires out of the county or state and when that happened, they'd put us up in motels/hotels going and coming back. We had roomies then and I usually roomed with someone that was well aware of my nudist life and didn't mind me sleeping nude, even if he didn't. I did room with a couple of friends that initially made jokes and slightly complained about my sleeping nude and saying, "don't do that on this trip." I did anyway and they really didn't care.

This post was edited

I had a roomie while in the Navy and our ship was in dry dock. He didn't complain but slept in whitey tighties. Onboard ship I had close to 30 roomies in the berthing compartment and though there was some complaining at first, it subsided quicker than I thought it would.On the fire department, it was well known that I was a nudist. We slept in a dorm style room, I always slept nude and I routinely got up in the middle of the night to go to the head or across the way to the kitchen for water. No complaints because most everyone on the fire department was ex military.We were deployed to fight major fires out of the county or state and when that happened, they'd put us up in motels/hotels going and coming back. We had roomies then and I usually roomed with someone that was well aware of my nudist life and didn't mind me sleeping nude, even if he didn't. I did room with a couple of friends that initially made jokes and slightly complained about my sleeping nude and saying, "don't do that on this trip." I did anyway and they really didn't care.

Were there any female firefighters at the station?
If so, did they have separate sleeping quarters?

This post was edited