Intelectual Nudism

Is there a correlation between IQ and nudism?
Are intelligent people more [less] likely to be nudists?

What do you think?

IQ vs Nudism

This topic was edited
RE:Intelectual Nudism

There's plenty of evidence to suggest that all humans can be (become) comfortable nude around other humans, irrespective of any observation or assessment of IQ.

According to UK studies the awkwardness, embarrassment and promiscuous feelings are innate to reduce the risk of humans selecting more than one partner at a time - due to the fact that our offspring take so long to gestate and mature when compared to other primates and mammals. In short it takes two humans to raise a child (nb I am not suggesting gender ideas re the two humans though).

So once the notion of sexual activity or mate selection has passed we are all comfortable being nude.

My observation is that there are certainly many degree qualified and intelligent folks with out degrees here in TN.

A correlated observation is that discussion with them reveals a rational ideology to being nude and ease of dialogue as they have no sexual over tones to their nudity.

This post was edited

Quoting the article: Those higher in intellect, or openness to experience, were more likely to swear around other people, buy organic food, create art, eat spicy breakfasts, not follow a sports team closely, do car maintenance on their own, and to lounge around the house without clothes on.

The correlation here between intellect and openness to experience is not clear. Often times highly intelligent people are unconventional by nature, but this can be highly influenced by other factors such as religion. It's more likely that, for example, Wiccans are more likely to feel more comfortable naked socially than Evangelicals who may think showering naked is stretching it. However, the wide array of TN members leaves all of this open-ended.

My personal leanings towards being pants free doesn't make me take on the label of nudist, as they discriminate against single dads like me. However, I consider my casual relationship to clothes to be integral to another demographic designation I identify with: a cultural creative. Here's background on that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cultural_Creatives.

This post was edited

I think intelligence has more to do with the way we practice our nudism than whether we do or not. The GQ article that inspired this thread confined its assessment to those who "lounged naked at home" which is only one way we nudists indulge our freedom. That article may well have a point as far as it went, but we are complex beings and Stoneandy rightly cited that in his response and brought the cultural creatives into the discussion. I certainly feel an affinity with that group, having read the wikipedia article linked by him.

We nudists, or Naturists as I prefer to call myself, are constantly saying we separate nudity from sex and that, I think, is perhaps the mark of the intellectual nudist; someone who can relax naked with others without succumbing to the base urges of lust. That's not to say we never have sex, but we are simply more likely to confine our sexual activity to those where mutual attraction has moved to that level - not just anyone and everyone we get naked with! In short, we possess the intelligence to be in control of our sex drive.

So "showing off erections or sexual behavior in public ... all the sex talk", etc. mentioned by Nakeemon as being a part of nudism for some are indeed not a part of intellectual nudism and are sadly what gives Naturism/nudism a bad name for some. Although I find driving naked makes me more alert, which is no bad thing, when you're driving and while I like to share my experience of Naturism with others, I do hope its not seen as bragging.

As for over thinking a rock; that's how we have come to have accurate time pieces such as quartz watches or caesium atomic clocks, amongst many other things.

This post was edited

"So once the notion of sexual activity or mate selection has passed we are all comfortable being nude.

Interesting, I was always afraid that I'd get a raging hard-on in my younger days, but now I'm not the least worried.

This post was edited