Christian naturists

I'm wondering if there are many folk on here who would consider themselves Christians (or indeed are generally of a spiritual disposition). How do you find your faith interlinks with your naturism? And how well-received is your naturism among your faith community... are they even aware?

I've recently launched a new venture called 'Naked Church' - initially centred on a (private) Facebook group - for folk who are okay with nudity who would like to explore faith and spirituality with like minded people, and also to explore what 'church' means and how worship etc. can be explored outside the normal confines of organised, denominational religion. I'd be happy to give more information to anyone interested - or just follow the link below and take a look for yourself!

Naked Church on Facebook
A safe place for all to worship our Creator in harmony with Creation and one another, free from religious strictures and convention, and from the need for clothes.
Simple. Christlike. Welcoming.

This topic was edited
RE:Christian naturists

I don't do Facebook so I'm sorry I can't see your content. I'm happy you're making some effort to pull together two subjects that most people want to tear away from each other, with them not understanding that spirituality and nudism are integrated without any help from us. Do you have any nude retreats or resorts nearby where they have a church or chapel or anything? In all of America, there are only about a dozen resorts which have regular religious services, and one of those happens to be where my sweetie and I live full time. Her mom plays the organ every Sunday, and though the congregation usually only consists of a dozen or so people, it is quite lovely to take in the gospel without a need for cloth on our bodies. Never closer to God than while in a natural state! The best of luck with your endeavor.

This post was edited

Thank you.
No, there is - so far as I know - only one naturist club in the UK which has such a 'church' activity and that is in SE England - a good 10 hour drive from where I live. They are having a convention in the North of England in June in the North of England which is only about 4 hours from me, so I may try to get to that - tho I think it is quite different in tone from what I have in mind for my group, but good to see what is going on and support them.

This post was edited

There are couple of naturist I follow online host Christian worship services at a UK venue I think NatFound.

This post was edited

There is nothing in the tenets of Christianity that prohibits or requires nudity as an expression of faith. As a nondenominational minister, I consolidate Christianity into two basic statements. In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you. . . . (Mathew 7:12) and "For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them" (Matthew 18:20). If everyone embraced that into their core beliefs, the world would be a much happier place.

Christian nudists have shed their clothes as a sign of faith and rejection of the shame of original sin. Remember, nudity was the norm until the original sin created the shame and desire to hide the beauty of our bodies. Nudist Christians need to accept that their textile brethren have not yet embraced their faith to the level of shedding their clothes or because of social norms feel uncomfortable doing so. Neither is right nor wrong, simply it is what is.

Gathering together to celebrate the wonders of the world is a blessed event. Celebrating together naked is an overt display to the world of your acceptance of Christ as your savior and the need to wear clothes to cover your shame.

I hope to establish a congregation of Christian nudists who will come together for weekly celebrations of life and the wonders God has bestowed upon us.

This post was edited

Well said

This post was edited