Guide & Guardian

Being raised to appreciate my body and not to feel ashamed nor embarrassed of being nude in from of other males. Having a nudist mentor to guide me through my early years of becoming a nudist. The bonding I've received with my mentor made for a closer relationship, friendship, and companionship as we did activities nude together. Building confidence in myself due to my mentor and confident to inspire myself that I can achieve any goal I set. Also gaining self respect. Some of the activities that would grow a stronger bond was hiking and swimming and jumping off a cliff. Also some domestic activities like cooking on a grill and baking other life skills. Thought my time with my mentor was short, having that mentor made me and molded me into the man I was supposed to be.
How were mentored and bonded to another male nudist? What is a memory you like to share of how you bonded with your mentor?

This topic was edited
RE:Guide & Guardian

As a younger man I never found any good long-term mentors, clothed or naked. Perhaps it has something to do with having an unusual personality (INFJ). I even had a professional counselor tell me after three years of therapy that she didn't understand me (ouch!). One on one relationships are unfortunately viewed with suspicion in today's sexual abuse triggered world. That makes mentoring - especially naked - difficult. In addition, many people who could use help often don't realize it, so you're ahead of the curve in that way.

Here's my advice on mentoring: 1) Follow the old saying "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." 2) Understand you will likely learn and get more from giving than receiving, or being a mentor instead of a mentee. 3) Some people need A LOT of help and you really can't do much. Focus on them. Giving them attention and compassion is usually more important than "results." 4) Realize your tremendous power in reflecting back people's wisdom to themselves, helping them see their own answers. 5) Be willing to keep the mentor/mentee status flexible; I for one am often embarassed how much I have to learn from men young enough to be my son.s 6) Keep on showing up and you'll find answers in the oddest people and places - it's all a wonderful process. 7) Don't focus on clothes or nudism but consider your that birthday suit is the most comfortable, washable, vulnerable, free and honest one available.

Good luck! You are the gift!

This post was edited

Andy
What an amazing and insightful message. In many respects I have followed your thinking for the past twenty plus years in helping other men to overcome their body issues and inhibitions. Its been a fun and rewarding journey both for the others and for me. I hope we both can continue to educate and indoctrinate more men to our wonderful lifestyle.
Nude hugs
Ed

This post was edited

Being raised to appreciate my body and not to feel ashamed nor embarrassed of being nude in from of other males. Having a nudist mentor to guide me through my early years of becoming a nudist. The bonding I've received with my mentor made for a closer relationship, friendship, and companionship as we did activities nude together. Building confidence in myself due to my mentor and confident to inspire myself that I can achieve any goal I set. Also gaining self respect. Some of the activities that would grow a stronger bond was hiking and swimming and jumping off a cliff. Also some domestic activities like cooking on a grill and baking other life skills. Thought my time with my mentor was short, having that mentor made me and molded me into the man I was supposed to be.How were mentored and bonded to another male nudist? What is a memory you like to share of how you bonded with your mentor?

Who was your mentor? Certainly, I think having a mentor makes things a lot easier. Or atleast someone who does not tell you to cover up!

This post was edited

Being raised to appreciate my body and not to feel ashamed nor embarrassed of being nude in from of other males. Having a nudist mentor to guide me through my early years of becoming a nudist. The bonding I've received with my mentor made for a closer relationship, friendship, and companionship as we did activities nude together. Building confidence in myself due to my mentor and confident to inspire myself that I can achieve any goal I set. Also gaining self respect. Some of the activities that would grow a stronger bond was hiking and swimming and jumping off a cliff. Also some domestic activities like cooking on a grill and baking other life skills. Thought my time with my mentor was short, having that mentor made me and molded me into the man I was supposed to be.How were mentored and bonded to another male nudist? What is a memory you like to share of how you bonded with your mentor?

Who was your mentor? Certainly, I think having a mentor makes things a lot easier. Or atleast someone who does not tell you to cover up!

This post was edited