My gym dilemma

I had a chat yesterday with the guy who seems to be in charge in my gym. He looks like a nice guy, always smiling and ready to make a compliment - something less and less men dare to do. He offered a few times to give me some free coaching, which I declined. I also declined his offer of body fat measure - not because I'm the shy kind but because I don't need him to pinch me with his calipers all over to know that I am fat.

Just a word of caution. I like my training gear snug and nice but I am not trying to look sexy in the gym. It's true that I don't wear any underwear, but the outfit is not exactly see-through either. I never run, my warmup consists of walking uphill and rowing, and tops are very tight and offer sufficient support... So the only skin you'll see is face, arms, upper chest and midriff. I once posted pics in my yellow-grey outfits which is indeed revealing, but this is not what I generally use...

So after the workout I had some time on my hands and decided to ask for a green smoothie (not good) which he even didn't charge me for, and a chat. One thing leading to the other, I told him that I like nude photography and asked whether there is a chance that he could open one night for me and a couple of my models to shoot some nice nude workout pics and videos.

It's not a very luxurious gym (there was just one very high-end one around, but it went belly up) but it does have lots of machines, a big pool with nice lights, sun beds and two biggish saunas (Yes, you can be nude there but don't dream, they are gender segregated).

His first question was whether he can assist at the shoot, you know, he is in charge, he needs to make sure that all is ok, nothing is damaged, nobody gets hurt... I don't actually need him, I'm sure that both D and T would volunteer to handle my two cheap floodlights but hey. He had a point so I said yes, I'm sure the girls won't mind, he could even give some good advice about posture and positions etc. He is a trained gym coach after all. His second question was if he can take pics during the session. I said only with my camera and you can then only have the pics the girls are happy to share with you.

The third question puzzled me a bit. He asked me whether I would be modelling nude too. I said I don't know, I sometimes do join, but now that I am almost 40 I spend more time behind the camera than in front of it...

Using a very complex, convoluted explanation which took him 5 min to express (French guys are good at this!) he basically offered me a deal: I can have the gym any night I want for free if I also model and he can watch.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't mind him seeing me naked. I go to nudist spas, beaches and resorts and I believe that a majority of the thousands of men who saw me naked where there just to gawk, not because they believed in the values of naturism. I am not naive in that way and if I really minded it, I would stop enjoying spas and textile free bathing. In fact, had he not asked for it, almost surely I would have dropped my kit and modelled, taking turns in front and behind the camera - I have no pic in a sauna or in a pool...

But despite the nice way he put his offer, I now feel like I'm paying for his service with my nudity and this makes me feel uncomfortable. As for sex, my nudity is not for sale, I offer it for free when I feel like doing it. I didn't even accept to be paid for my single professional nude/erotic shooting I ever did - I must have told that story too. What next? Should I accept to take my kit off for the mechanic who offers to change my car's oil for free? It's a slippery slope, isn't it.

So what do you think about my dilemma? Am I right or am I being a drama queen here? Should I do it or not?

This topic was edited
RE:My gym dilemma

My first impression is to reflect that many aspects of our lives are transactional (otherwise known as getting along together) and perhaps since it involves his business it's a little more transactional as a result. Your initial offer may have been seen as some sort of opportunity for his business. Perhaps some shots may be ones he hopes to use if, perhaps, the nudity is implied but not directly in view or perhaps he's just intrigued by doing more than just imagining you undressed. It sounds like even if you're more conservative than you could be, the fact of a only single layer of thin stretcy over your entire frame with no undergarments to interrupt the lines would be a welcome bonus to normal. And despite your age concerns, that is no barrier to admiration if it's obvious care has been taken over the inevitable years. Value depends on condition, as my vintage used car valuation book states for those models fresh with the flush of youth. If you can get past the banal comparison with automobiles, perhaps you'll see the same principles working in the eyes of your beholders...

Oh, have I digressed too much?

In the end, it shall be for you to decide what you're comfortable with, but it's fair for him to have some reasonable expectations form his side. Whether they're reasonable to you is up to you and your entourage.

This post was edited

And as the mods deleted Kerrie's pics (which were only implied nudity) I add two in my (quite revealing) yellow-grey sports suit. And after the mods delete them I'll upload naked workout pics. Sounds like a plan?

I actually think I know what I'll do, but I'm waiting for other members' opinion, I can still change my mind.

This post was edited

My pics were instantly deleted. I think I'll upload them again, just to upset the mod.

This post was edited

I am in agreement with Stevie on this decision. The gym operator obviously would like to see multiple beautiful ladies in a state of undress using the facility. The real question is whether everyone involved would be agreeable with a rather unknown spectator / visitor / gawker present. He is under a real duty to shepherd the facility when he authorized its use. I also understand your thoughts on a real *quid pro quo* type exchange as that is indeed a valid concern. I assume that he is well versed in the nude female form as a long term gym employee so the real novelty is observing / participating in a professional photo shoot in the gym. My recommendation would be to ask the participants their thoughts, assess the gym operators relative maturity with regard to the nude form and whether or not youre at ease with the situation. For anyone that engages in negotiations & diplomacy, this should be relatively straightforward.

This post was edited

Just like with google and facebook and instagram and ...........- when something is FREE - we become the commodity

This post was edited

I also presume there's security cameras that might capture something. Another aspect to consider if they'd be likely to yield nice images.

This post was edited

Indeed, the security cameras need to be off... Will find a way, I'm sure. Of course, he could post miniature cameras in various places but hey. We're taking high resolution nude pictures and are scared of security cameras?

Ok, what I'm gonna do is I'll say no to his request that I model. My bet is he will like to see the other 2-3 girls modelling. And I'm not sure that, as a gym sportive coach he is so bored of seeing so much female nudity. I spoke to Vero about it and she's all in. I'm sure I'll find another couple of girls and we don't need more. We could have twin sessions, each with a single light...

And if he accepts it and he is nice about it, I'll probably drop my kit and jump in front of the camera too, just as a thank you note. There will be no obligation, no contract, no payment, just a little bonus.

This post was edited

Sounds like an intelligent plan to me. I suspect it will work out for the best for all involved.

This post was edited

So what do you think about my dilemma? Am I right or am I being a drama queen here? Should I do it or not?
I'm only inclined to say you're being a bit dramatic / reactionary because of this line in particular...

Now don't get me wrong. I don't mind him seeing me naked... had he not asked for it, almost surely I would have dropped my kit and modelled...
You're letting him control you in a way. You're now catering what you would normally do, in reaction to his question, which wasn't unreasonable given the circumstances. You're the person he knows because you're a regular at the gym, it was your idea to do the photoshoot, and your idea to use his establishment, it seems pretty obvious to ask if you would be partaking as well, and doesn't really seem to warrant such a negative reaction to what seems like an otherwise harmless question. I wasn't there so I don't know the tone or way he asked, I'm sure you had a reason to react how you did.

It's as you say, even if you decide not to partake at all, he'll still be treated to views of the other women, so your partaking is ultimately just a cherry-on-top of an already good arrangement.

This post was edited

Indeed, the security cameras need to be off... Will find a way, I'm sure. Of course, he could post miniature cameras in various places but hey. We're taking high resolution nude pictures and are scared of security cameras?Ok, what I'm gonna do is I'll say no to his request that I model. My bet is he will like to see the other 2-3 girls modelling. And I'm not sure that, as a gym sportive coach he is so bored of seeing so much female nudity. I spoke to Vero about it and she's all in. I'm sure I'll find another couple of girls and we don't need more. We could have twin sessions, each with a single light...And if he accepts it and he is nice about it, I'll probably drop my kit and jump in front of the camera too, just as a thank you note. There will be no obligation, no contract, no payment, just a little bonus.

Ideal resolution! I do hope you might consider posting some of the results of your efforts here Flora!!
Rx

This post was edited