RE: Sunscreen for your privates?

I would suggest anything that is for sensitive skin, like the sunscreen for faces or for babies is best for your privates if you get irritation

This post was edited

Good question! Last time at a resort I forgot to use it on that area and got way to much sun. Bad move!

This post was edited

You can't never have too much sun screen or too much SPF on your Peepee as Thomas calls it LoL.
Got a bad sun burn on "The boys" and Glans long ago and I assure you that I'm never doing that again :( for it was a long and miserable week having to wear clothes to work after that.
Hawk

This post was edited

Interesting. I've never had sunburn on genitals. Shoulders, upper back, upper buttocks, chest, when I go too long in the sun they'll get burned. Never noticeably on genitals. But them I spend most of my time verticle and not horizontal.I found my penis tans faster than the rest of m, I suspect a genetic evolutionary thing? But having got badly sunburned when I fell asleep on a beach on my back once I use sun cream there and on my shoulders at least. I used to be coy about putting it on, now I dont bother

This post was edited

Sunscreens are said to be effective for about two hours, so reapply liberally several times each day. Fortunately we can be naked at home on our deck so we build up a pretty effective tan before we get to any of the resorts. Last trip to Club O we took about five cans of sunscreen spray in checked baggage. We checked one bag on the way down so the $25 fee more than covered the cost of the sunscreen.

This post was edited

I heard a long time ago that SPF 29 is the highesteffective rating, anything higher is fluff marketing. Anyone knowotherwise?
Higher ratings are not necessarily better ... and, you may have
heard that some sunscreens have chemicals in them that could be
more harmful than no sunscreen at all. :-/
... So, you might want to do some research on which
sunscreens are the safest, with your doctor or at websites like webMD
and draxe.com.

This post was edited

The spray sunscreens typically have alcohol in them which can dry and irritate those sensitive areas especially if you shave. I just use SPF30 cream and rub it in or use an oil pump spray and rub it in.

This post was edited

I've just used whatever sunscreen I was using on the rest of my body. 50SPF probably isn't necessary unless you're spending all day in the sun. If you'll only be out for an hour or so, a lighter SPF should work OK. Don't forget to do your butt, especially the tops of the cheeks! That part has a more direct exposure to the sun even when you're standing.What wrong with normal sunblock?

This post was edited

...It was a choice of wear briefs and have them tightlyrub against the fabric when walking, boxers and have themlightly rub against it (sometimes more painful than briefs), or gocommando and have them lightly rub against what felt like sandpaper(the worst).

Some bikini material is soft ...almost as smooth as silk, form
fitting and moves with you, so there is no, or very little, rubbing
at all... but anything touching you might still be painful. :-/
... I haven't tried that kind of bikini with a sunburn,
so, thankfully, I can't speak from experience.

This post was edited