RE: Sexual Eunuchs

Part of the problem is whenever a sex crime is committed by someone who is a known nudist, the media senses the need to pointout that fact. As if thiswas something akin to, say, a coach taking advantage of an athlete or a priest taking adavantage of parishoner. To be fair, the media should either ignore a person's political, social or religious affiliations, or make a point of stating them in each case. Imagine something like this: "The bank robber, who is the parish priest in Port Phony, ..." "The speeding motorist, who works for the Justice Department, ..." "Time has run out for N.,a die-hard feminist who ..." "Convicted murderer Sean O'Irish, well-known for his Libertarian tendencies, ..." "Sheelagh MacShea, a Republican if there ever was one ..." "Mayor MacCheese, a anti-abortionist drug lord, ..." It would bring absolutely nothing important to the news story, but at least we nudists wouldn't be the only ones to suffer.
Gerry,
I could not agree more. Even more perplexing is when any nude person is charged with an offense, they are linked to nudism if only by inference. In many cases, random naked guy, would be a more accurate description.
Also on this topic, here in the States, I have noticed throughout the years, story headings such as, Ex-Marine Charged in Shooting.Had their military history been Coast Guard or Air Force, it would not have been mentioned
As a former Coast Guardsman, I was somehow offended by the last remark...doesn't make much sense, but thought, hey! what's he trying to say here?!? I know, weird. I guess those of us who've faced down the bad guys nose to noseon a very confined rolling deck at sea during a drug boarding don't like to be thought of a less of a bad ass as any other of our military cousins. :)

I actually understood the comment concerning the ex-Marine to be different than your interpretation. I think that the implication is that people view Marines or ex-Marines as crazier than the rest in the armed forces.

This post was edited

As an ex Viet Nam vet, I would have to disagree with people feeling Marines are more of a bad ass. That maybe the thought of someone who has never served. Every vet does what is required of him or her with no questions asked. That gives the rest of you the right to Freedom of Speech.

This post was edited

I've been a nudist/naturist, whatever you like almost 50 years and have foundthis ongoing, permanent discussion has become a bit tiresome. What other people think doesn't much matter. They're going to think and believewhat they want wheather it's true or not. Having said that, all we can and must do is judge each other byour words and deeds. I'm the same exact person nude or clothed and no one hasever taken issue with myconduct in either setting. People, us included, need to quit trying to get into each other's heads.
If there's no sex in the nudist community where do folks think all the kids at the resorts with their parents came from anyway, the stork?

This post was edited

Thank you Life Happens,
Quote Life Happens
"Iactually understood the comment concerning the ex-Marine to be different than your interpretation. I think that the implication is that people view Marines or ex-Marines as crazier than the rest in the armed forces."

You read my comment exactly as intended. It was meant only illustrate how some groups are singled out as if their association had anything to do with the incident being reported. I have the greatest respect for every man and woman serving our country, in any branch.Having served over nine years in the Marine Corps,perhaps, I am overly sensitive to negative reports of former Marines.

This post was edited

I've been a nudist/naturist, whatever you like almost 50 years and have foundthis ongoing, permanent discussion has become a bit tiresome. What other people think doesn't much matter. They're going to think and believewhat they want wheather it's true or not. Having said that, all we can and must do is judge each other byour words and deeds. I'm the same exact person nude or clothed and no one hasever taken issue with myconduct in either setting. People, us included, need to quit trying to get into each other's heads. If there's no sex in the nudist community where do folks think all the kids at the resorts with their parents came from anyway, the stork?

Please don't see this as religion-bashing. But as a lover of speculative fiction, I love "What if?" scenarios. The one crossing my mind right now is where peoplewould have takenJesusat his word -- literally --and made themselves eunnuchs for theKingdom of Heaven. Where would the dwindling number of Christiansfind their new members? The world today would be a very different place. Probably no better orworse, but certainly different.

This post was edited

Interesting thought Gerry. I guess we would all be Pagan and nude friendly

This post was edited
RE: Some nudists could be asexual

I think the bigger issue here is image. We're so worried we're going to project a negative idea on someone else that we don't just live our lives. I mean listen to what people keep saying about "appropriate". Propriety is just a way of saying "we don't want to offend anyone"... but the fact of the matter is no matter what you do no matter what hoops you jump through you're going to offend someone, period... and the more hoops you try to jump through the less people that go along with your way of life and the more risk you have of it dying out and being forbidden. Being seen is the only way to stay alive, and when we do everything we can to stay on people's good sides we risk that death by invisibility. To be too offensive can mean death as well, but oftentimes just a little bit of edge and controversy gets more people into it... and nudism is just like the rest of the world. The mantra has always been "nudists come from all walks of life" well... how is that true then not true? If you're a person who's into riding motorcycles but you're not into veganism then you're probably going to attend the "naked bike run" and not the "naked vegan picnic". If you don't like art or people who talk about politics but you do like rock music and watching football then you're more likely to go to the naked superbowl party where sting plays the halftime show than you are the nudist exhibit opening depicting the political struggles of the 19th century in modern art sculptures. Preferences don't make you any less of a nudist, and I think the biggest thing killing nudism for people is this idea that you can't be a nudist and "this" when you're a nudist all you do is hang out nude. I'm sorry but to just sit around a bunch of naked people sounds as boring as just sitting around a bunch of clothed people.
Some people are swingers and vegetarians
Some people are Christians and accountants
Some people are dog-lovers and fashion designers
In the same way some people are nudists and extremely sexual, and some people are nudists and not sexual at all. To suggest that the only way you can be nude and social at the same time and call it a "nudist" event is to be completely nonsexual is as ridiculous as suggesting that to be nude and social at the same time it has to be all people who speak English. The two are separate entities, they don't need each other to exist, but they can coexist in the same place.
Nudism... living life sans clothing... where does that say "no sex"?

This post was edited
RE: Some nudists could be asexual

..... Preferences don't make you any less of a nudist, and I think the biggest thing killing nudism for people is this idea that you can't be a nudist and "this" when you're a nudist all you do is hang out nude. I'm sorry but to just sit around a bunch of naked people sounds as boring as just sitting around a bunch of clothed people....
Nicely put.

Love n stuff
Rudie.

This post was edited
Trick question or what?

Of course we're sexual beings: if we weren't we wouldn't be having this debate as Homo sapiens would have died out before we got the hang of fire or the wheel.
We are not asexual nor do we aspire to asexuality, well, I don't anyway, but that doesn't mean that *everything* has to be sexually motivated. Sex is a great thing and if you don't think so, you're really not doing it right. But if everything we did was just about sex we wouldn't have a civilisation and very few men would make it to a decent age without being usurped by some young buck wanting to muscle in on his share of the action.
We're not asexual but we're not animals either.

This post was edited
Sexual charge to nudism and nudity

To me, there is a sexual charge attached to nudity. That doesn't mean I will act on it--but on some level I will acknowledge it. It is sexually stimulatiing to look at a person--male or female--naked. Swingers clubs have that as a basic premise while the nudist camp/resort goes to an opposite extreme--almost hypocritcal. But the nudist camp wants people to discipline that sexual expression in the nudist camp. No overt display of sexuality. And for all the times I've attended, sexual expression has never been a problem. But I gotta say, the naked swingers club with pool, hot tub, patio, plazawas a whole lot of fun.

This post was edited