Glen Eden versus De Anza Springs?

Does anyone have any suggestions on which one is better between
Glen Eden and De Anza Springs? I will be visiting San Diego in
second week of August. I am a single male and have heard good
things about both resorts. Which one has a younger crowd? Which has
more activities? I am going to be there for 3 days and need to pick
one of the two resorts. Any thoughts or suggestions?

This topic was edited
RE: Glen Eden versus De Anza Springs?

We are members of GE and visit DeAnza Springs Resort often.
DeAnza is more rustic than GE ... but it has far more open space, more naked hiking availabilities and I do think it gets a younger crowd. Mostly dirt and gravel and certainly a desert environment. Not much aroundor nearby so you'll need to ensure you bring all you need with you. We've only visited for the day and have not eaten at the caf orused the pool. I like it, my wife would rather go to GE.
GE is what many refer to as a nudist Mobile home park/campground. Lots of RV guests, residents and then on the upper portion of the property are the manufactured residents homes. Take any nice mobile home park, add some RV spots and fill with naked people ... that's GE.
GE has lots of activities and weekends are busy ... really busy! If you're looking for lots of people, lots to do and close proximity to other amenities such as; market, bank, restaurants, drug stores, movies, shopping ... GE's your best bet.
If I had to choose between the two ... it would be GE but ... where DeAnza is probably 45 mins east of San Diego ... GE can be 1.5 hours away or longer ... depending on traffic ... and there can be lots of traffic! :D

This post was edited

Do you want desert or a greener area like Washington? Two different climates but in August both will be hot.

This post was edited

Thank you AndyDi and DesertRat for your informative responses. Both resorts are appealing for various reasons. Although I have not decided which one yet, I am leaning towards GE, as I'd like lot of people, and activities. Plus I hear that GE has tennis courts too. I'd love to play tennis.
Another question: Does GE have people there even on a Monday and Tuesday? I will be going there from a Sunday to a Tuesday in August, so I was hoping there would be people there on the non-weekend days too. How does DeAnza compare on non-weekend days?

This post was edited

Also, any thoughts on how welcoming those two resorts are to single males? I have heard that DeAnza is more welcoming to single males than Glen Eden, though I don't know how true that is. I called GE, and know that they welcome single males.
But was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on that front?

This post was edited

We've visited both places during the week and would have to say that there are more people out and about at GE than at DeAnza. The residents are always out around the pool deck and regulars that are on vacation or guests visit during the week as well during the summer. Lots of couples seem to visit and take the tours on weekdays because it's less crowded and the reluctant or first time females seem to like that there are less people there during their first time.

You'll do fine and have a good visit during those days.

This post was edited

Great! Thank you for the information, AndyDi!

This post was edited

Just a quick report back. I did visit Glen Eden couple of weeks ago, and had a great time. The place is so wonderful, and the people were very friendly and welcoming. I can't wait to go back and visit sometime in future.

This post was edited

The only caution about GE is that the volleyball players are very territorialand will not allow you to play unless you play at THEIR level otherwise you will insult them by playing at a level that is beneath them.

This post was edited

The only caution about GE is that the volleyball players are very territorialand will not allow you to play unless you play at THEIR level otherwise you will insult them by playing at a level that is beneath them.I find that very hard to believe! Nudists are the friendliest, most accepting people you'll ever meet!
(sarcasm) ;-)

This post was edited

lol.......well Andy..........show up on the volleyball court next time and ask to play. Unless you are at least "B" level, the 'professional' players will become unhappy with you very quickly and some may even stop playing because you are playing 'jungle ball'. Once you are done being discouraged here, you can walk over to 'snob hill' where the 'high society' lives in the fancy trailers and they can put you down even further. Your ONLY solace will then be to walk the trail to the top of the hill, sit down on the bench, look down towards the pool area where everyone congregates, and contemplate life. Yes there certainly are some friendly people (check out indooor water volleyball) but there are also some real snobs. At least at D'Anza you can go out and really get lost hiking in the desert.

This post was edited