Seeing parents on a nude beach

I wasn't raised a nudist but have always preferred to be naked then wear clothes. When I was about 14 my parents caught me skinny dipping and I told them i enjoy being naked. They were very cool with it and said its fine but to just do it at home when no one else was home and could see me. Since then i was never caught again by them and the conversation never came back up. When I was 17 I started going to the local nude beach and have been going for about 9 years now every chance I get. As I said I wasn't raised a nudist and have never seen my parents naked growing up but last year when I was at the nude beach I was going for a walk on the beach and spotted my parents there completely naked. It was the first time I ever saw them naked and had any idea that they also went to the nude beach and obviously like being naked. Not sure how to handle the situation I didn't approach or say anything to them. I just continued to enjoy my day and they did the same. As I said I go to the beach as often as I can and have a feeling they do the same so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I see them again on the nude beach. I have a feeling they know I go to the nude beach due to some conversations we have but we never directly stated or discussed. If and when I do see them again I wonder how i should handle the situation. I no longer live with them so I'm not worried about trying to be able to go naked more at home but I wonder if I should say something to them when I see them there again or continue to hide from them. I feel like it might be a little awkward if I just walked up to them and said hi so idk if I should just act like I don't see them and walk past them so they see me and know i go there too so if we continue to see each other in the future i won't have to continue to hide and worry about being seen by them or if it's best to just let them enjoy the beach and me do the same. I would have no problem with it being out in the open that we both go there but I just won't want to make it awkward for them since I don't know how they will respond. I would appreciate anyone advice and opinion in the situation

wonder if I'm going to see them again and if so how I should handle the situation. Idk if I should just keep hiding from them on the beach or if I should approach them or just make it seem like we casually bumped into each other and go from there

This topic was edited
RE: Seeing parents on a nude beach

what would you do if, while at the nude beach, you ran into a naked friend, you didnt know was a nudist?i reckon you should just wander over and say hello, if they are regulars, it would tend to show your parents are nudists too, once you got over the initial surprise, should all be good,
harley

This post was edited

Face to face could be embarrassing. Telephone them. Tell the truth.

This post was edited

Don't hide, and don't make a fuss. If you have a chance, note to them that you all enjoy the same beach; if you see them there, do say hello, and let them know where on the beach you have your things. If they want to interact further, they know where to find you; if they don't, fine. At least the ice is broken. You're all adults, building a new sort of relationship with each other, and yes it's a bit strange.

This post was edited

It really is as simple as others have mentioned.....just take a breath...and talk about it

This post was edited

One thing that I overlooked mentioning in my previous answer is to do a search on this site. Perhaps you'll find that they are long time members and also members of some nudist organizations. You may also find places they've been. It'll give you a lot to talk about. One other thing; they're your parents. What are they going to do? Disown you? Good luck and Thanksgivings will never be the same again. Theturkey may be the only thing that is dressed.

This post was edited

so how did it go? harley

This post was edited

If your parents know that you go to the nude beach it appears that they also have a problem with raining your shared liking for nudism, or they just don't see any reason to mention it. You're raising the issue of what to do about it here so I'm guessing that you want to talk about it with them. If that's the case 'accidentally' bump into them there, is there a better place to get over this issue than when you're all nude, at a nude beach surrounded by other nudists? Nudity would likely seem very, very normal there.

This post was edited

The fruit didn't fall far from the tree is all I have to say :) Like parents, like children :)

This post was edited