RE:The time I broke my hip

I think its more a legal thing than anything else. I generally just wear gym shorts when I go in, it make it easier to check all the parts I've busted over the years.

This post was edited

I think this is not the experience many of us have had - I've had doctors who were very uncomfortable with nudity.My dermatologist seems to be one of them.

How can a dermatologist give you a full body exam if you are clothed? Find a new dermatologist!

This post was edited

I don't think it is a matter of nudity being problematic to the individual doctor as much as it may be office or hospital policy. I've recently had problems with my knee which required removal of my pants for examination. With both male and female practitioners, I've been given paper shorts to put on over my underwear or a cover was placed across my lap. When I wear my exercise shorts there does not seem to be any problem. Frankly, I believer that they are protecting themselves from sexual abuse accusations. As a side note, the crotch of those paper shorts ripped out as soon as the exam began.

I don't understand the paper shorts over your under ware. Your under ware should cover anything they may find offensive. Do they want to make sure they don't accidentally see your under ware??? LOL

This post was edited

I think this is not the experience many of us have had - I've had doctors who were very uncomfortable with nudity.My dermatologist seems to be one of them.How can a dermatologist give you a full body exam if you are clothed? Find a new dermatologist!

Dermatologists that are taking new patients are very hard to find in my area.

This post was edited

An even stranger one for me was when I broke my collar bone and dislocated my shoulder.
After the surgery at an outpatient facility, I couldn't put my t shirt back on.
They made me cover my upper body with a hospital gown to leave through a door that went directly to the parking lot.

This post was edited