maintaining weight or getting chubbier

are other maintaining their weight over the years or getting chubbier ? since retiring i put on a extra 30 pounds and i was already chubby back than, i would love to get back down to 230 as the heavier i get i notice some of the task i do in the garage or yard seem harder to do. also think my penis is getting smaller. anyone else notice the same especially as we age ?

This topic was edited
RE: maintaining weight or getting chubbier

Yep. I'm working on getting my weight back down, although it's been a slow process. Still, I figure if I've got it going down more than up I'm on the right track. I've also started exercising regularly, since I'm starting to get joint and muscle problems that additional strength should reduce. It's hard to tell sometimes whether my weight is changing more due to losing fat or gaining muscle - hopefully I'm losing more fat weight than gaining by adding muscle, so I hope to be getting stronger and more fit while slimming down.

This post was edited
RE: maintaining weight or getting chubbier

Same here . The penis only appears to be smaller as there is a wad of groin fat which covers the shaft.

This post was edited
RE:maintaining weight or getting chubbier

I know the feeling, I'm now working out four days a week. I'll be in great shape through my retirement

This post was edited

Maintaining at the moment but have lost 90 lbs over the last 3 years. It's tough.

This post was edited

its tough, back at the gym to get off my recent gain, but still never want to thin either

This post was edited

are other maintaining their weight over the years or getting chubbier ? since retiring i put on a extra 30 pounds and i was already chubby back than, i would love to get back down to 230 as the heavier i get i notice some of the task i do in the garage or yard seem harder to do. also think my penis is getting smaller. anyone else notice the same especially as we age ?

Yup. I want to get back down to my army weight. Honestly, working 12 hour days and having a desk job really puts a hurting on your physical fitness. I wish someone would open a nudist gym, that would just be the best.

This post was edited

are other maintaining their weight over the years or getting chubbier ? since retiring i put on a extra 30 pounds and i was already chubby back than, i would love to get back down to 230 as the heavier i get i notice some of the task i do in the garage or yard seem harder to do. also think my penis is getting smaller. anyone else notice the same especially as we age ?Yup. I want to get back down to my army weight. Honestly, working 12 hour days and having a desk job really puts a hurting on your physical fitness. I wish someone would open a nudist gym, that would just be the best.

A nude gym would be a great idea!

This post was edited

I started to put on weight once I hit 40. In 2015 I decided I wanted to lose 13kg, and get back to my ideal weight of 60kg. I did everything Ausfarmlad mentioned, plus I also got the My Fitness Pal phone app, to help me monitor my daily kilojoule intake, and a Fitbit fitness tracker to keep track of my exercise. And it worked! Over a period of six months I lost the 13kg, and got back to a weight and size I hadn't been since my military days, and I've maintained my ideal weight for over two years now. I then engaged a personal trainer friend of mine to help me tone up the slimmer, but looser, body, through weight training, and the result is what you see in my profile pic. The beauty of the My Fitness Pal app is that it teaches you over time what you can and can't eat to stay within your daily kilojoule limit. There was no specific diet, other than just controlling the kilojoule intake. But you soon learn that if you want that treat, something else has to give way. And the Fitbit fitness tracker helps me ensure I reach my minimum of 10,000 steps per day. It's all about discipline, and setting up new habits to replace the old ones. It's not that hard, trust me. I did it, which means anyone can do it. :-))

This post was edited

I bought myself a Bowflex machine so I can work out at home in the nude. When I considered the cost of a gym membership, the fact that I'm at least a 20-minute drive from the nearest possible gym, and that I'd have to wear clothes if I went to a gym, the Bowflex wasn't really all that expensive. I can do 20 minutes of exercise now in only 20 minutes, versus the 1 hour-plus that it would take to go to a gym, exercise, and then come home. And best of all, I don't have to get dressed!

This post was edited

It has taken me over 12 months to lose 10 kgs. It was not the weight as much as it was the stomach. All the additional weight I gained went to my gut. I have now gone from a size 36 waist to a size 32. I do not have a 6 pack (or the perfectly flat stomach) but it is still the best I have been in years.

This post was edited