Returning to Smooth

Hi, everyone,
I've tried shaving in the past and enjoyed it immensely. In fact, I went nose-to-toes for a bit. It was a lot of maintenance so I quit shaving and simply groomed for years. Recently, a mistake with some depilatory left a bald spot in my pubic hair. I decided "What the heck!" and shaved smooth. Then it progressed ... stomach, chest, pits. I already keep the shaft and testicles smooth.
To my point: I'm really enjoying being smooth again and need some pointers on how to maintain the look. I looked at some previous posts and I see that shaving daily helps. Also, using a good shaving cream and lotion after really help.
I welcome any additional tips/tricks to maintain the look.
Thanks guys!

This topic was edited
RE: Returning to Smooth

Try getting a double edged razor with good blades and use a shaving brush to get a good lather to shave carefully after a good soak. Three light passes with a razor: first in the direction of growth, next across the growth and finally, against the direction in which stubble grows. Apply fresh shaving lather after each pass.

This post was edited

Thanks for the pointers! I'll give it a try.

This post was edited

If you want a more permanent solution, you could always try IPL
(Intense Pulsed Light). I prefer totally smooth, and the need to
shave my whole body every couple of days was becoming a pain (not
to mention the ingrown hairs). I used IPL over my whole body every
couple of weeks over a period of a few months, and gradually my
hair almost totally disappeared. Now I need to shave every couple
of weeks just to eliminate a stubborn few soft, fair hairs, and
that's it. Much better. Exfoliation is also a crucial part of
staying smooth if you want to avoid the ingrown hairs. Scrubbing
your skin with a loofah every few days will do it, and this is easy
as you have to shower anyway, and regular moisturising. Good luck with whatever you try.
:-)

This post was edited

I shave daily in the shower using Axe body wash. It gives me a very clean shave without clogging the razor and rinses quickly and thoroughly from the blades. I find that I get less irritation using the body wash than I do with shaving cream. It only takes me about five minutes a day shaving...Face every day other body parts every other day doing some each day.

This post was edited

I shave daily in the shower. My doctor recommended that I use alcohol to eliminate stubble and chaffing. It works. I've been smooth since 1982.

This post was edited

Thanks for the tips, everyone. I really appreciate the support and feedback.Nudists/naturist truly are the best!

This post was edited

I understand the bit about everyday shaving being a pain sometimes, I vary between being smooth from the neck down to just keeping my body smooth. However I don't think I'll stop shaving, like many others I found that once I've tried it I liked it so much that I've stayed smooth to some extent ever since.

This post was edited

I use Nair once a week. But not on my balls. The top and asscrack stay incredibly smooth that way. I shave my balls to keep them smooth.

This post was edited

I use Nair once a week. But not on my balls. The top and asscrack stay incredibly smooth that way. I shave my balls to keep them smooth.

Nair is a good way and yes do not use on testicals

This post was edited