Is anyone voting for Gary Johnson this year? I'm voting for him.

I don't know about you guys but Trump's an egomaniac and Hillary's a cronyist and crooked.

This topic was edited
RE: Is anyone voting for Gary Johnson this year? I'm voting for him.

I don't know about you guys but Trump's an egomaniac and Hillary's a cronyist and crooked.Show me a Politician that's not crooked, and I'll show you a Priest that's straight. Better the Devil you know, vote Hillary and put some sanity back in Office.

This post was edited

I don't know about you guys but Trump's an egomaniacand Hillary's a cronyist and crooked.
Show me a
Politician that's not crooked,
and I'll show you a
Priest that's straight. Better the Devil you know, vote Hillary and
put some sanity back in Office.

Show me a Politician that's not
crooked,

Hillary IS a politician. Hillary IS the
wife of a politician. Hillary has been a politician for most of her
life.

This post was edited

I'm most likely going to vote for Johnson.

Hillary is a big government Democrat - she supports the TPP, wants
to federalize more of our government, and is a Wall Street puppet.
Besides the numerous scandals she's been associated with over many
years, the Clinton Foundation & State Department issues, and
the DNC's clear skewing of the primaries.

Trump has no governing experience. He may be a good business man,
but the halls of government are very different. Policy-wise, I am
happy that he is very anti-TPP and has a strong "America first"
stance on trade & treaties. He does have the appeal of being a
charismatic outsider who says he'll go in and shake things up -
that didn't work out so well for Obama. Oh, and he's a crass,
womanizing cad. That goes to the question of "Is this the sort of
person I want representing my country?" No. Many people don't seem
to mind those things; I do.

So if the two major candidates are unacceptable, that leaves
Johnson - pro-drug legalization, experienced governor, not so sharp
on international issues, and has voiced support for TPP (but I
don't think he knows much about it); a slew of other "right-wing"
candidates; and Jill Stein on the left.

I live in a very Democrat-dominated voting district. So Hillary is
going to get my electoral college vote; how I vote is not going to
change the election results. Based on all that, I'm planning to
vote for Johnson to tell the Republicans they made a poor choice;
there were several other perfectly competent choices in the
Republican primary, but they didn't have the bombastic charisma of
Trump - or maybe a WHOLE lot of people just wanted to give a big F
U to the party power brokers.

This post was edited

Is there a point to vote for a man that can't win vs not voting? Not trying to troll here - serious question

This post was edited

In actuality, the Republicans did not nominate Donald Trump as their Presidential candidate. The left leaning, pro Hillary media actually controlled the whole process. Although I don't like it, I have to admit that they did a beautiful job in getting what they wanted. In the primary season, they promoted Trump over all the other candidates. Trump spent very little money in the primaries because of all the free press he received. The media and Trump destroyed the other candidates and Trump came out on top.
In the general election the media set out to destroy Trump and they are doing a great job at it. They also refuse to report the truth about Hillary, giving her a free ride. In this election the press is not a neutral reporter of the facts, but an active participant in the election of Hillary Clinton.
In this Country, the press is protected in what they report for very good reason. They were granted immunity from prosecution so they could be the peoples' eyes and ears. They would always be able to report the truth, without fear of reprisal, so the people could make honest, informed choices. Unfortunately, they have been derelict in their duties and have become political advocates rather than a neutral reporter of the truth. Freedom of the press is one of the main principals our Country was founded upon. If this basic foundation fails, can the failure of the rest of Country be far behind?
The liberal press and the Washington insiders, including Republicans, are against Trump. He is no friend to any of them and they want to destroy him.
In this election I am voting for Donald Trump and against the dishonest Hillary Clinton and also against her lackey, the main stream media. Perhaps Trump will upset the apple cart of the Washington insiders and the liberal press and make our Country great again. For the good of our great Country, I certainly hope so.

This post was edited

Voting for the third party nominee is a waste of your vote.

This post was edited

Is there a point to vote for a man that can't win vs not voting? Not trying to troll here - serious questionWhat does not voting say? What message does it send?
It tells the political parties that you don't care who runs the country. You don't care what the policies of the USA are. You don't care how your tax dollars are spent. You don't care.
The two main parties don't care how many people vote, only that more of their supporters vote than the other party's. If they can discourage the other candidates' supporters from voting, that is just as good as getting more votes for their candidate.
Voting for someone who can't win sends a very small message that you support the policies of that person and the major parties may see value in modifying their positions slightly in the direction of whoever you - and enough other people - voted for.

This post was edited

Voting for the third party nominee is a waste ofyour vote.
Yes, because in doing so, you may end up helping the worst one
of the top two runners winning. It makes more sense to vote for the
better of one of two evils, so as to keep the worst one of them
out.

This post was edited

Hillary is a criminal. Period. She has sold her office. She wentinto the State department with the intention of hiding heractivities. Clinton Foundation donors got favored treatment. Bill& Hill made 150 million bucks without adding anything to themarket. Clinton is a bigot and an elitist. She is not in goodhealth. People say she is the most qualified person ever to run forthe office. How so? Foreign policy under her and Obama has been anabsolute disaster.What bothers me are statements like this. There are a number of statements in here and all over the place talking about how Hillary is a criminal etc. How so? All the statements above are opinion of someone that does not like her. I'm not saying I think she is the best option, etc. but I have yet to see any evidence that she is a criminal other than statements that she supposedly is one.

This post was edited

Hillary is a criminal. Period. She has sold her office.She went into the State department with the intention of hiding heractivities. Clinton Foundation donors got favored treatment. Bill& Hill made 150 million bucks without adding anything to themarket. Clinton is a bigot and an elitist. She is not in goodhealth. People say she is the most qualified person ever to run forthe office. How so? Foreign policy under her and Obama has been anabsolute disaster.
What bothers me are statements like this. There are a number
of statements in here and all over the place talking about how
Hillary is a criminal etc. How so? All the statements
above are opinion of someone that does not like her. I'm not
saying I think she is the best option, etc. but I have yet to see
any evidence that she is a criminal other than statements that she
supposedly is one.
Read the FBI statements-the "302's", which are the reports written
from the FBI Agents.
We know that she intentionally set up an email server going into
office as SoS. She traded in emails that were classified. This is
an established fact. Doing so is a crime. Her people cleaned the
server AFTER a subpoena was issued. That is a crime. She had her
devices destroyed. That is a crime. Now, stories are coming out
that there was 'pay for play'---she did favors for people as SoS
after the Clinton Foundation received donations. That is how so.
She is a criminal.
Her buddy at State tried to get the FBI to unclassify
documents--the FBI agents used the term 'quid pro quo'--at a time
when the news of the classified documents were coming
out.
People get so torqued up about offensive language that has nothing
to do with performance on the job.
Why do you not hear about it? Check the Podesta emails--people at
the major news networks worked with Clinton behind the scenes.
I do not like her. Because she is corrupt and criminal. And how can
anyone argue the mess that is the foreign situation?
PS- I'll defend any of the other statements if you like.

Thanks for the response. It's been a while since I really looked into some of this. However, it drives me nuts that email server keeps coming up. Although probably not the right thing to do Hillary is not the only one, Colin Powell is confirmed to have done the same but no one screams about that and as I understand it others have done this too. Maybe there are reports but was she charged? Has she been convicted in court? What happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty or is media here say and Trumped up charges the new standard?

This post was edited