Significant Other's that "dabble" in nudism

My GF is someone whom I would say "dabbles" in nudism. What I mean by that is that she is selective in when/where/how she goes nude. She is nude at home when she's in a nude mindset; likes tropical resort nudism, and has socialized nude in that setting. However, at this point, she doesn't have any real interest in taking it further; which I am fine with.

Contrast that with some nudist S/O's I've known, who almost always went nude at home, embraced social nudity in all it's forms and always stayed nude whilst among other nudists. Some S/O's I've met - well I rarely ever saw them with clothes on or covered at all in nudist situations.

Although "dabble" is perhaps not the best choice of words , I do wonder how many S/O's "compartmentalize" nudism and nudity. Aside from the whole "nudity is harder for women" societal argument, which we are all too aware of, are there other "barriers"; or is it just simply a matter of "person comfort", and nudity is compartmentalized solely because they're more comfortable that way?

This topic was edited
RE:Significant Other's that "dabble" in nudism

We are in a similar situation. Mrs C is usually nude when socializing with other nudists (resorts, beaches, cruises, house parties, etc.) but not at home. She won't go completely nude to dances at the resorts/cruises. I am guessing it is the compartmentalizing thing.

This post was edited

Dabbling is far better than not at all or for some of the guys on this site ... a downright No No!

Hard for me to understand the downright No No approach that some S/O's have toward the other that prefers to be nude. Even if Di isn't feeling right and needs her robe on all day, or is cold and slips on a house dress, she knows my comfort level and if it's really cold in the house, I'll slip on my robe or a flannel shirt but if it's warm enough and I'm dressed ... she's wondering ... "what the hell is going on!?"

I'd settle for dabble if that's what Di was comfortable with, luckily she's quite a bit beyond that but I'd take it if that's all there was. For some men and women, nudism is something the do as part of their lives but it isn't their life. For others, like us, it is our life but not to the extent that I will refuse to wear clothes when friends of family come to visit and our nudity would make them uncomfortable. It's more than something we do or dabble in but I am the hardcore nudist of us two. For Di, it's a comfort level issue, how she feels about herself one day and then the next. So I guess, for her, she will at times compartmentalize nudism.

This post was edited

My wife dabbles around the house, she has no problem being topless at home but needs to have something on her bottom half I am lucky she has gone to the club a few times (dressed ) but she had fun I guess it's baby steps

This post was edited

Interesting comments as I am about 75% towards getting a girlfriend (if you can a 48 year old lady your girlfriend) and I don't know if she will join me in been nude but I have already told her I am nude in the garden.

This post was edited

Interesting comments as I am about 75% towards getting a girlfriend (if you can a 48 year old lady your girlfriend) and I don't know if she will join me in been nude but I have already told her I am nude in the garden.

Good for you!!

My GF was 40 when she discovered nudism. Don't let age scare you!!

This post was edited

As I've stated previously on other threads, we've gotten more of our daughter's friends to "dabble" in nudism. Our "mature" textile friends can't even broach the subject without acting like silly kids. But our daughter's friends really seemed interested and asked lots of questions. Our youngest daughter's best friend and her husband began sleeping naked after we talked with them at a party. She then asked to join us at the nude beach along with both our daughters. She and her husband then visited the beach a few times on their own and began dabbling in nudism at home. Eventually, they bought a hot tub and stated that they had a "no suits" policy. Once their oldest daughter was old enough to understand that nudity was fun, they allowed her to be naked when she wanted and they lived like that for some time. Their life has changed and we've lost the contact we once had but still communicate via our daughter and FB. Their nudism dabbling has diminished some but they still sleep naked and are naked frequently in front of their kids but aren't naked as much as they used to for legitimate reasons.

Our daughters still dabble in nudism. I don't think they'll ever be nudists like we are but the oldest and her family will skinny dip and hot tub naked. Nudity in their home is such that trips from bedroom to bathroom, shower, laundry room is sometimes done while nude and it's never a big deal but lounging, watching TV, computer, sunbathing, just hanging out, is not done nude. I'd say they are more hobby or opportunity nudists. If they visit a nude beach, a club or resort, they'll partake but don't live that way.

Our youngest daughter is divorced and although at one time her ex husband was on board with her and their oldest child's involvement in nudism, he's no longer on board and so she's had to limit that exposure. Her current BF is a bit conservative and when told that we were nudists and visited nude beaches and such, he got embarrassed and has shied away from any conversation about that. We're hoping he comes around and they try it on their own but he's also divorced and his ex wife is a PITA. Sometimes, it's just not worth it.

Dabbling can lead to more involvement. Like anything, trying something new for the first time can be difficult to exciting. Dipping one's toes in the water can make those withdraw completely or jump all the way in. Even if you just get in to your ankles or knees, it's great that people will at least try it before the denounce it! ;-)

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy