Have you ever told your parents you're a nudist

Have you ever told your parents you are a nudist? What was their reaction? Any tips on how to tell mine

This topic was edited
RE:Have you ever told your parents you're a nudist

Of Course! They Reacted Very Natural.

This post was edited

I haven't explicitly come out and said, "Hey, I'm a naturist," but my dad knows and has been pretty chill about it. I just kind of started 'forgetting' to put on clothes when he came home and he never really said anything about it. Now when it's just the two of us home I walk around naked all the time and he doesn't seem to care.

This post was edited

My parents know. They asked me because I'd been liking or posting nudity positive articles and memes on social media. No pictures of myself or anything, but plenty to give people a good idea of my thoughts.
I think this might work for you. It's a way to not o ly test your parents reaction but also give them good arguements ahead of any kind of discussion you might have. It can soften the blow and open their minds.

This post was edited

They sort of found out and were quite upset. Recently I have been keeping it quiet.

This post was edited

They sort of found out and were quite upset. Recently I have been keeping it quiet.

This post was edited

My parents told me that I was a nudist, and that was that. Growing up in a clothing optional home was very routine since me and my sister didn't really know we were 'nudists' because it never got labelled that way. It was just a very, very, very relaxed dress code to us. Years later, I learned we were 'nudists', but by then it didn't seem odd.

Now, here's the part I think might pertain to your question: Telling OTHER kids' parents were were nudists... That was always interesting, and sometimes stressful. Sometimes they reacted by not letting their kid come over anymore, sometimes told their kids to un-friend us completely. Once in a great while, a parent seemed OK with it, as long as adults were around to supervise (that also probably would not fly these days).

This post was edited

Never did. My parents, especially my mother were very conservative and "proper".
In fact when I mentioned to my sister that I usually wore shorts to church in the summer, she said if mother knew that she would be tossing and turning in her grave, and I had to agree.

This post was edited

I felt I had to tell them because I'd made my first trip abroad on my own and I didn't want to lie about where I was actually going - Bare Oaks in Canada. They were find though, it was a big anticlimax. My brother had come out as gay several years back and though my mum was pretty conservative then, both my parents have become a lot more chilled now. They are less keen on social media though so I probably wouldn't admit my nudes are on this site!

This post was edited

Never did. My parents, especially my mother were very conservative and "proper".In fact when I mentioned to my sister that I usually wore shorts to church in the summer, she said if mother knew that she would be tossing and turning in her grave, and I had to agree.

The idea we should be dressed up for church always bewilders me or cracks me up. Our church which is very large and very much Bible based and has pastors that speak on stage at services in shorts and flip-flops. When a new pastor visits all dressed up theyve had fun cutting off their tie!

This post was edited

I did tell my Dad I had taken my girlfriend to a nudist event - took ages to work up the courage to tell him- and he was disappointed we hadnt invited him too! He was much less straight laced as he got older than we had realised... He did mention it prob not a good idea to tell mum though! lol

This post was edited