if you're autistic, when were you diagnosed?

i was diagnosed at age 3.

This topic was edited
RE:if you're autistic, when were you diagnosed?

I was about 7.

This post was edited

44. Late diagnosis

This post was edited

I was diagnosed at 28. I was unable finish University, I asked for help, one thing led to another and I got diagnosed with Aspergers.

This post was edited

Formally at 15 years old

This post was edited

About 2 months ago. I am 65. Would be considered Asperger if diagnosed a few years ago.
My wife had kept saying she believed I was autistic. Once I researched it, I figured if I was autistic at all, I would be minimally borderline, and so what would it matter?

After she passed away, I found that she had shared her opinion of me being autistic to several of our friends. Eventually I gave in to be tested just to settle the issue. Could have knocked me down with a feather when I heard the results. The one test that had a graphic output showed only a little sliver of traits on the "normal" (neurotypical sounds too PC for me) side.

It seems I am pretty much a textbook masker. I learned young how to act normal enough to get by. I was an Air Force Captain, electrician, and electronic technician. I retired from the last job after 32 years. I married at 40, but was married 24 years before my wife passed away.

From earliest childhood on, I have never liked the feeling of clothing on my body and have gone naked whenever I could. So I guess I wasn't too surprised to find that many autistic people have issues with clothing.

This post was edited