Vitamin D Deficiency.

In the United States we are experiencing a near epidemic of Vitamin D deficiency. Vitamin D is called the sunshine vitamin. The body manufactures it from exposure to sunshine. Today many children are not exposed to enough sunshine. They are protected while out doors with sun block and/or clothing that blocks the UV rays. They wear these items even while swimming. Children are preferring to remain indoors playing video games rather than playing out doors. Mothers are now not serving their children Vitamin D fortified milk. They are getting soy milk instead. This can all lead to serious problems so if you have any input in the raising of a child, speak up and have the child get some natural sunshine each day.

This topic was edited
RE:Vitamin D Deficiency.

Yep. For years I was having serious skin issues during winter months. Two years ago my doctor told me to start taking vitamin D supplements during the cooler months when I did not have a ran. Sure enough all my skin issues have disappeared since. There are also numerous studies showing links to Vitamin D deficiency to breast cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, and other diseases. Our bodies need the sun just as we need air. Look at what happens to your skin if you break a bone and have a cast on for an extended time, you skin needs exposure.

This post was edited

In Australia this is also getting a problem with children with so much sun block been applied that the natural vitamin D is lost.

Also what will happen in the future if they they find this sun block has caused something like cancer due to the chemicals in it.

This post was edited

I was tested a month ago and my Vitamin D and my level was 3.

What does it mean to be level 3?

This post was edited

I started a few yrs ago taking 5000 units twice a day and really think it helps with several things. No idea what level 3 is. Google it.

This post was edited