Give a warning BEFORE eviction from a room

It seems moderators have "special anointing" for determining the social conscience of the room, it would seem appropriate for the moderator to issue a warning to an offensive user that they WILL BE evicted if conversation/action, etc. is not changed immediately. Different moderators allow different things to pass and other have a tendency to evict because they don't like your hair color. TN should consider changing its policy to issue a warning PRIOR to eviction. After all, we are adults dealing with adults and each has their own standard of judging what is allowable or not. This policy change would be fair to all. Hopefully someone will consider such a change.

This topic was edited
RE:Give a warning BEFORE eviction from a room

I rarely visit the chat room. I did yesterday. I saw the mod give warnings to a couple people. One warning was for room begging for a pm. He took the warning and stopped. One was warned for his post content.
Well that warning got zero traction, he continued on and of course got the boot.

The short time I was in chat I saw half a dozen get booted and rightly so. This won't score me popularity points with those that seem to live and breath for the chat room and come unhinged if they are booted but
I laughed. It was just to laughable not to.

This post was edited

I truly feel that I'd rather speak to friends on the phone than to visit a chat room. I've done so with several people I've met, over the years, on the internet and some times it's worked out quite well. I don't use the chat room. I've visited twice and found it annoying. ten or more people all typing (talking) at once. It's difficult for me to keep up on any conversations they are having! LOL

I wish the site owners would put as much thought and emphasis into forum Mods, as they do with the Chat room Mods!

This post was edited

I truly feel that I'd rather speak to friends on the phone than to visit a chat room. I've done so with several people I've met, over the years, on the internet and some times it's worked out quite well. I don't use the chat room. I've visited twice and found it annoying. ten or more people all typing (talking) at once. It's difficult for me to keep up on any conversations they are having! LOLI wish the site owners would put as much thought and emphasis into forum Mods, as they do with the Chat room Mods!

Skype works even better the phone. You are 'dating' youself when you say that you prefer to talk on the telephone. Kids today would think of you as a dinosaur - lol. (probably me too!)

This post was edited

I truly feel that I'd rather speak to friends on the phone than to visit a chat room. I've done so with several people I've met, over the years, on the internet and some times it's worked out quite well. I don't use the chat room. I've visited twice and found it annoying. ten or more people all typing (talking) at once. It's difficult for me to keep up on any conversations they are having! LOLI wish the site owners would put as much thought and emphasis into forum Mods, as they do with the Chat room Mods!

Totally agree with you over the chat room as it is like been in a pub with groups of people talking and you are trying to work out what each group is chatting about.

This post was edited

I truly feel that I'd rather speak to friends on the phone than to visit a chat room. I've done so with several people I've met, over the years, on the internet and some times it's worked out quite well. I don't use the chat room. I've visited twice and found it annoying. ten or more people all typing (talking) at once. It's difficult for me to keep up on any conversations they are having! LOLI wish the site owners would put as much thought and emphasis into forum Mods, as they do with the Chat room Mods!Skype works even better the phone. You are 'dating' youself when you say that you prefer to talk on the telephone. Kids today would think of you as a dinosaur - lol. (probably me too!)

I've been referred to that many times, at work and in everyday life. That's okay ... I don't mind being a dinosaur! :D

Skype is okay, I guess. We've never used it but we will probably have to begin trying it and using it for fun so we are comfortable with using it while we are gone on extended trips and we'd like to visit with our grandkids.

This post was edited

Always let your conscience be your be you guide. Not to go all Disney and every stuff. But hey.

This post was edited

Rightfully so Rabbit.

This post was edited

This is outrageous!

This post was edited