RE:To compliment or not, gay vs straight.

It has been a while since I have posted my question and haven't had the chance to check in on it as I would like to but I'm glad that the question is still garnishing some interest, anybody with an opinion or remark is welcome to do so.
Many thanks.

This post was edited

Compliments are usually a good thing. But there is a fine line between compliments and advances and I might have a different opinion where this line lines than you have. It can change with your age, your mood, the image of yourself, etc. Take compliments as they are - they are not a promise of marriage ;-)

This post was edited

Compliments are great, but don't be crude or make the compliment into a chat up line or flat out sexual come on. I guess exactly the same thing that women don't like about straight guys haha

This post was edited

As a youth, I just kept my thoughts. But, at 60, it's a different story. I'll offer a compliment where it's due no matter what. I'm a member of Deviant Art, TN, and 2 other sites. When I see a gorgeous physique or body part, sure. With guys, I find it's not what you say, but how you say it, that makes it work. Even if a guy designates as straight, I'll still compliment. Then, to have them reply in a thankful way is reassuring. Out of all the guys, only 2 responded in a negative way.

The above is true for online sites. But, face to face without knowing the guy? I'd limit my compliment to clothes or accessories.

This post was edited

Great way to look at it.

This post was edited

I agree with the point that you make about people assuming that a compliment is a sexual advance. I am reluctant to compliment anyone at times. Certainly not in the workplace. Attitudes today are that any unwanted compliment is sexual harassment. I've been the victim of sexual harassment in the workplace before but this went far beyond compliments. Since that time I too have worried about offending people, both men and women. I enjoy being complimented. Having said that I tend to not find my body attractive at all. Having said that I love my type on others. One of the things that led me to nudism 20 or so years ago was the fact that I had issues with my own body. My first experience with nudism was forcing myself to go to an all male nudist retreat here in Iowa. I made myself stay naked for an entire week there. By the end of the week I had learned to embrace my rubenesque (sp) body type.

The point of my ramblings on here is that compliments should be seen as just that. A compliment. It is vastly different to tell someone that they have a great body than I really love your cock. That doesn't mean that you can never compliment a man's cock or a woman's breasts. I feel those types of compliments are best saved for someone that you've actually gotten to know a bit through chatting, face to face meets, etc. Even then those compliments aren't necessarily overtly sexual. It depends entirely on the person and the situation.

My own personal example is the fact that my penis is small therefore I admire more average sized penises. If I know a guy well enough I will compliment on his member. That doesn't mean that I want to have sex with it or him! My advise to all of those people who receive a compliment of any type is to take those compliments in the spirit in which they're given.

This post was edited

I think everyone loves a compliment, as long as it is genuine and without any alternative motive, both in person and online

I know I always like it when I get comments on my pics on here, which is why I try to keep posting new ones.

This post was edited

I'm Bi and love to compliment men and women on their physiques. It makes them feel good, as well as me (I should add I like BBW and BHM and all too often such people are starving for compliments). I've given plenty of complements to straight men - even on this site - and I've never had a bad outcome. There are certain rules though, especially when giving a compliment to a straight man in person. 1) Make it the last thing you say when parting. Some men won't know how to take the compliment and might want to ponder it. It would be awkward to put them in that situation then hold them in conversation for several minutes while they are squirming, wondering what your intentions are. 2) Make your intentions clear. Be certain they understand you are not trying to pick them up or bed them, but you just simply want them to know they are doing something right. 3) Make the compliment about them, NOT about you or your desires. Try starting the compliment with "you should be proud . . . " or "you're a lucky man . . ..". 4) Keep it brief. Most men will appreciate a compliment, but gushing puts him in a very awkward position. Once sentence will do.

This post was edited

I am a bi curious who is new to nudism. When I look at the nude photos and see a good looking guy who has
attractive features would it be considered wrong to message him on his appearance or special features.
Also would it make any difference depending upon his sexuality

This post was edited

I'm personally straight, and have gotten a few comments on my body from gay men on here. I'm totally OK with that, because I understand where they're coming from. No worries.

This post was edited