feedback on hybrid bikes

would apperciate some feedbackon those on hybrid bikes for off road and how off road you go. i am caught between buying a mountain bike or a hybrid, want to maybe hit a few ruff trails but most will be dirt roads and some off road places. i just don't see the hybrid tires having much traction...

This topic was edited
RE: feedback on hybrid bikes

went to a high dollar bike shop yesterday to get some advise and think i'll stick to a mountain bike for what i'm going to do, it will need to get a little cooler though...

This post was edited

hey robert yes i chose a mongoose spear mountain bike, not a top quaility bike that cost thousands but a good one that has disk brake and shimano compodents and the best feature twist shift with a click return shifter. been a few times, need to go more often but at 50 something it takes a toll on a old guy. but i am well pleased. if i get more into it i see that mongoose nowhas a 29 er with front and rear disk brakes...
hope to go out monday on a new trail i found

This post was edited

I've got a Trek 720 hybred that will go about anywhere a mountain bike will go. If you are like most people, most of your riding is on pavement or packed grvel and a mountain tire is just friction. The trek 720 or 750's are under $450 new so very affordable. You could even go a little wider than the 1 1/4 " tire. Unless you are really rock hopin or doing mud, the hybred is the way to go

This post was edited