Nudist rights

I recently posted a question asking how many of us being true nudists were actually members of an organization. The question was met with questions like,(what difference does that make? And does it really matter?) Well it does matter. And it could make a great a great deal of difference. Groups like aanr,tns,and yna are trying to preserve what rights we do have left as nudists, but are making very little headway at improving those rights. This is due in part to the relatively small number of members, compared to the shear number actual nudists. Even spoken softly the voice of many is louder than the voice of the few.

This topic was edited
RE:Nudist rights

Thanks for your commemt

This post was edited

I think you make a valid point. I have been a TNS member since 2003. Everyine I work with knows I prefer to be nude when I can. I have educated some of them about social nudity. The more people are open about it the less of an odd and obscure thing it is. Also the NAC is active in watching laws and fighting any that may make it difficult for nudists. To support these causes is beneficial.

This post was edited

Very well said AndyDi. I couldn't agree more.

This post was edited
RE:Nudist rights Cost to stay in resorts is too high

You say we need to patronize resorts. It is a little difficult sometimes when your only income is Social Security and the resorts are charging 60 and 70 dollars ground fees just to stay there a few hours. If you stay overnight in a camper or rental cabin it can cost more than 10% of my Retirement monthly check just for one day.

This post was edited
RE:Nudist rights Cost to stay in resorts is too high

I think we need places where people can go that are closely managed to keep out the perverts, and self supporting without charging fees. The Inhabitants help with the work as they are able and that pays for their stay. I'm thinking produce farm type of operation. I know of only one farm like that operated by naturists where anyone is welcome to visit, stay awhile, help with the work, and help eat it as well. There was no hint in the info I read of any problem with perverts trying to invade. Just a small farm and a few people working it, the owner and some visitors were working nude, some were not. It would be real good if many like that could be started across the country.

My income level is so low yet that I can't do anything extra any direction. I have to want to pretty bad to divert funds from my developing farm to do something else. with myself it's what I choose to do. I could have a well paying job if I wanted it. I own half interest in a trucking company, (one truck) I could drive my own truck if I wanted to and make what a normal truck driver does. But I prefer gardening and striving after farm development and we hire a driver or two. Right now my cousin and one of our leased on OO's is driving it while his own truck is in the shop.

This post was edited

I heartily agree. I have always been a naked guy, but never really gotten involved as a NUDIST. Meaning, I have always enjoyed being naked but never thought about it outside my own comfort and activity. I have been more active and aware lately (perhaps a sign of maturity finally catching up?) and now am looking at joining some groups/clubs/associations etc to lend my voice, support, and studly form to our rights.

I know that gun ownership is a hotly debated topic, so I am NOT going to get into should/shouldn't, etc. But one only has to look at the National Rifle Association and other allied organizations to realize that by joining forces with like-minded people, we gain a voice. The larger the group, the louder that voice.

ps. I am a life member of the NRA, and I will be happy to civilly discuss any firearms related topics on a private media, but do not want our board here to be corrupted by that particular issue.

This post was edited

Each state has its own statues/laws. I have been a member of TNS (life member) and AANR since 1987. Before the National Nudist Council dissolved, I was a member of NNC for many years.

The more members we have, the more clout we carry,

This post was edited

I strongly agree with Andy/Di that we need the efforts of an organization wile AANR/TNS to help spread our message and rights to keep what few areas we have for our passion. But I wish they would do more to promote the concept of naturism at more conferences, fairs and other gatherings to get the message out and not just in a couple southern states. We live in a state (IA) where the newspapers won't even post a story with the mention of nudity in it, let alone mention the concept of social nudism. They will not publish a story or article about the WWNBR, naked resorts or beaches or anything naked. There are resorts in every surrounding state but our state. Wish AANR/TNS were a bit stronger in these efforts.

This post was edited