The nudist experience

The nudist experience

We have such a broad worldwide user base that we feel that it would be interesting to get unique personal nudist experiences and perspectives from actual fellow nudists.

A while back we asked if people were interested in blogging. Many responded with enthusiasm. As more and more pieces come in we will share all types of practice. From lounging at a nude beach to going to a nude resort with one's spouse for the first time. There is no theme or rule book to follow. These are true takes on what users have dealt with and what they have overcome and also a true heartwarming look into why they practice this thing called "nudism". It is truly different for everyone.

Please understand that these are actual users not professional writers and each just wants to share their view.

Here is the first blog piece:
https://www.truenudists.com/blog/the-gentle-way-to-introduce-your-partner-to-naturism/

Enjoy!

If you wish to blog message Teamtrue2 directly.

Teamtrue2

This topic was edited
RE:The nudist experience

Love this. Better than just the forums. I think well organized stories are very positive for this community and especially expanding this community.

This post was edited

*LIKE*

You'll be getting a request from me.

This post was edited

As I was reading the story along I kept thinking OH he's not. ....he is not going to pull the major no-no and surprise tell her. Dang if he didn't!

This post was edited

Great story!
And for many people it could have ended VERY differently!

Interestingly...for my ex's first time nudist resort trip I took the complete opposite approach: mucho preparation, spending time nude at home, discussing and negotiating the trip, calling the resort ahead of time, etc... The first trip was months in the making.
We got there and circumstances were near perfect for a reluctant spouse's first time. I went nude right away; she "tip-toed" a lot, being nude only when she was sure no one else could see her naked, and otherwise clad in some manner. She wasn't unhappy with the situation; she was just very reluctant to take it any further than the hot tub or sauna - with just the two of us. A few hours into it and I just started accepting that my wife was not going to be a social nudist.
As the end of our outing was nearing, we left the guest house where we'd been dipping in the hot tub and headed back to the car. At that point she was clad in a towel. I felt a little defeated considering I had planned that day for months. I reluctantly started pulling my clothes out of the trunk when I suddenly heard the resort manager/owner addressing us. I peeked out the side of the trunk and saw my wife toss her towel in the back seat, do an about-face, and proceed to the office completely nude! And she just walked into the office and started chatting with the manager, seemingly unphased by the fact that she was completely naked talking with the guy! I have to say, I did not see that one coming. I realized...it had taken all day, but at the last minute she'd finally gotten the social nudist bug!

It's interesting to note that regardless of meticulous preparations - or no preparations at all...well you just never know how it's going to turn out. Still though...if you're trying to make social nudity a lasting "thing"; preparations can only help.

This post was edited

I used to visit every nudist venue alone, first, then and only then, if I felt my wife would feel comfortable, I would tell my wife about it, she thought about it a bit and then she would almost always agree to give it a try. After those initial first time visits, my wife is always willing to try a new place on my recommendation. She knows that I look at all nudist venue websites, communicate with others on forums to get a sense of what the perspective vacation spot is like and if it will suit her/us. Though she does not look up these places herself, she's always over my shoulder looking over the websites. She is equally likely to suggest we visit a place previously visited or suggest a new place.

Recently, our favorite local nudist place closed and we were looking for a new place to visit and gather with our close nudist friends for our annual vacation. I did all the research, I asked all the questions ... the only thing I didn't do was make all the reservations! We just spent a week at this new place (to us) and everyone loved the place. The vibe of the guests and members made it easy to again suggest to our group that we attend a theme dance for Mardi Gras. We had a great time and my wife is eager and more than willing to attend these events over and over again.

These things involving our nudist lifestyle have been accomplished because I've not pushed Di into doing things nor have I ever surprised her with a visit to a new place. Our situation is different than the bloggers. Di and I began our nudist lifestyle on our wedding night and have never looked back. Nudism wasn't knew to Di, but social nudism was and the fact that she lived as a nudist for 20 years before venturing into social nudism, made that transition easier, in my opinion.

Good story and it worked out for the blogger. Most guys are not that lucky.

This post was edited

Good story and it worked out for the blogger. Most guys are not that lucky.

I posted on the blog an experience I had at a nudist get-together. A guy arrived with his wife; and right away you could tell the wife had no idea she was going to end up in a backyard full of nude people. She was fuming and went to sit down by herself away from the crowd in her shorts and T-shirt. She must have had some choice words for her husband because he barely dropped by to check on her.
Luckily, my then-wife was sympathetic to her situation and approached her. At first the woman's reaction was: "who is this naked woman and why is she talking to me?"; but my wife invited her to come sit with her, which I think she appreciated. Then the two just started hitting it off and conversating. As the woman grew comfortable and showed interest in my wife's nudist life, she encouraged her to try joining in. And she eventually decided to go for it; hesitantly at first, but once she was nude she spent the rest of the evening hanging out naked with my wife.

Her husband was verklempt when he saw his wife sitting besides mine completely naked by the hot tub!
At one point he dropped by to check on her; and his wife just summarily dismissed him!

When it came time to leave she gave my wife a nice nude hug and turned to her husband. And her expression was priceless: "Yeah...I got naked...but we ARE going to talk about this when we get home!!!" I would surmise it was going to be a loooooong drive home! :)
Unfortunately - but not unexpectedly - I never saw them again.

I have heard/read second hand accounts about women crying, demanding to go home right away, lashing out in public. Some women don't say a word, go nude anyway but then reserve a "special treatment" to their man on the trip home!

I'm glad it worked out for the blogger! It coud have gone a lot of different ways! LOL!!!

This post was edited

Many of us with an extensive history of being nudists, living nude and involved in social nudism for quite some time, have many stories as stated above. Even within our own group of close friends, even though the women are on board with the lifestyle, the social aspect and going to new places and meeting others, it was not all fine and dandy in all of their beginnings.

The surprise thing didn't work for either of the couples we are friends with. I didn't have anyone to learn from except for an agreement both of us made when we started dating; be honest, be open and don't surprise. My wife was upset when I planned a surprise Bday Party for her. If she was that upset about that party, can't imagine she'd be too fond of being surprised by taking her to a nudist place without first telling her, which was found out by two of our male friends and their wife's have yet to let them forget about it! LOL

Many of the people we've met at resorts and clubs have similar stories of their first time to a social nudist event or resort/club. They all also have a similar story about it taking 3 times as long to get their wife's to even go naked at home again. Tricking your wife into going to a nudist event is not what I'd call a smart move.

My wife can be a wallflower. She's shy, she's a private person and she's an introvert. In new situations she gets nervous and so I keep her close and allow her to decide when she feels comfortable enough to venture around and mingle but even with her vast experience in social nudism, it happens oh so rarely.

This post was edited

...."Tricking your wife into going to a nudist event is not what I'd call a smart move."...

Tricking anyone into social activities that might not be to their taste isn't the smartest of moves. I'd not be happy if someone took me to an event where I was expecting to find it was music that I like, only to have to endure a couple of hours of country and western or opera. Though it would help if it was a nudist event! Social nudism can seem quite a hurdle to some, a higher hurdle than my musical preferences are to get over.

This post was edited