Season 10 and what happens next?

Here in Australia Season 10 has just started on TV. Both Capaldi (current Dr Who) and Stephen Moffat producer and lead writer of Dr Who since 2009 at leaving the show at the end of this season. One is expecting this season to revisit many of the characters and be closure to scenarios Moffat introduced us to in previous seasons. I however hope the 'over blown special effects' that has characterised recent seasons and if my expectation is correct the story line is not compromised. It will be interesting to see how Season 10 ends and leads into Season 11 with Chris Chibnall as producer and a regenerated Dr Who (hopefully good looking and fun as David Tennant's Doctor) - anyone like to speculate

This topic was edited
RE:Season 10 and what happens next?

I'm sure I saw a quick shot of John Sim at the end of last week's episode. Yay, the Master is back, I thought.

This post was edited

I'm sure I saw a quick shot of John Sim at the end of last week's episode. Yay, the Master is back, I thought.

You did. It seems we're getting the Master and Missy.

This post was edited

I as well saw a glimpse of the master and also the appearance of phoney Dalek and a crack in the wall with light behind it - wonder what we will spot in the next episode? At least the new assistant does not appear infatuated with the Doctor as previous ones have.

This post was edited

Capaldi's run as The Doctor seems too short. I do really like Pearl Mackie's portrayal of Bill. It's been a very good season so far, and I like the slightly quieter and more serious tone. "Thin Ice" was one of my favorites, including the line "History is a white wash."

I read a headline suggesting that the producers made a controversial choice for the next actor to fill the Doctor's boots. Could they have chosen Simm?

This post was edited