nudist clubs and resorts

Hello, my name is nudistken. I am a new member and just joined a few minutes ago. I have a question regarding landed clubs and resorts. I have heard and read about that many clubs and resorts are closing or have been bought out by new businesses. Is this true? If it is, this means that it will be harder to find such clubs and resorts. I made my first official visit to a landed nudist club in July of 1991. It was called Silver Valley Sun Club and was located in the city of Newberry Springs,C.A. in the Mojave Desert. It is approximately 26 miles east of Barstow,C.A. The owners were John and Nancy Dulle. Nancy has passed away and I understand that the property has been sold and is no longer a nudist club or resort. I don't know what has happened to John. And that was some years ago. This is just one example. By the way, I live in the state of California,particularly in Southern C.A. As I mentioned, the availability of traditional clubs and resorts seem to be dwindling unless I am wrong. Any input or insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

nudistken

This topic was edited
RE:nudist clubs and resorts

It is very sad that the nude resort and campground numbers are trending down. You can point to many factors of negative stigma from gay issues, cameras on every phone, etc. But the blame rests with nudists themselves and the fact that we have failed to push for positive attitudes, published articles, expansion of public beaches.......on.....& on. We fail to support the one and only US association of nudists and some claim that association has failed them by not getting more involved in promoting. Why have we been so passive about the decline of gym class in our schools and all the things that helped us "get comfortable in our skin"? Why is it that local newspapers and radio cannot do a positive article or story on nudity? Have not seen one in our state in 35 yrs. I know of one in 1975 in a college paper, but streaking died out. Positive things like the World Record Skinny Dip program were good press but should have been continued. Hopfully others can come up with some great ideas.

This post was edited

I would also say that another factor in a clubs/resorts closing is the lack of visitors. Of course the root cause can be drawn back to thing like advertising sometimes by the owners and the associations out there (in my opinion) don't seem to be doing a whole lot.

Still if we all visit these places it helps and if we don't then who knows if they will be there.

This post was edited

After 15 yrs as a nudist I am very disappointed that we are still seeing a decline in new nudists. Not sure why we can't put our heads together and find better ways to get the news out. I know there are many people who would give it a try but nudity has such a bad rap and with everyone holding a camera today in our phones, ,many are just afraid of photos getting out.

This post was edited

Sunnmax ... that is one of the big issues, cell phones that young people are attached to and old people fear without reason! Many older nudists, me/us included, are NOT concerned about these young people taking our picture while we are naked. NO ONE wants a naked picture of us, or a clothed one for that matter. If for some strange, off the wall, reason that would happen, we don't care; I never did and now that my wife is retired, she doesn't either!

If clubs and resorts don't start changing to suit the younger crowd ... more and more clubs will either go under or begin courting groups that nudists don't want to be associated with.

This post was edited