THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NUDISTS AND NATURALIST

Hey everyone Alfredo here... Just cheking in with a question about this thing we do. With so many labels (and i really hate to label anything that I do) it is hard to understand the differences between being a nudist and a naturalist. i concider myself a nudidt because I love being nude. it makes me feel free and relaxed. What i dont understand is what a naturalists is. Who knows..maybe I am a naturalist. is there someone who can explain this to me?

This topic was edited
RE: THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NUDISTS AND NATURALIST

https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=2025&post=13500

Comment #04.

This post was edited

A naturalist is someone who studies natural flora and fauna and the word has nothing to do with nudity.
A naturist on the other hand does imply nudity and it is common and easy to mix up the two words.
There are differing definitions of the words naturist and nudist and I am sure you will receive many of them shortly. Many people use them interchangeably and some look at themdifferently. Nudist is more common in North America but naturist is gaining ground and is much more common in Europe.

This post was edited

hMMM OK ENLIGHTENING. BUT THIS IS A BIG REASON I dont do "LABLES" OR TITTLES AND ANY OF THAT. I simply enJoy being nude, wether its in resorts, the outdoors such as mountains etc. I think it has alot to do with enJoing the natural body. So yes I also enyJoy nude company, big tall little small it doesnt really matter there is beauty in all! DID I JUST RHYME??? LOL!

This post was edited

A naturalist is someone who studies natural flora and fauna and the word has nothing to do with nudity.A naturist on the other hand does imply nudity and it is common and easy to mix up the two words.There are differing definitions of the words naturist and nudist and I am sure you will receive many of them shortly. Many people use them interchangeably and some look at themdifferently. Nudist is more common in North America but naturist is gaining ground and is much more common in Europe.

Generally however, a nudist is one who prefers resorts, and man made compounds, where a naturist is more inclined to be nude in open nature, such as beaches, mountains, etc.
Enlightening comments there: I have always thought that it was just different cultures between America & Britain; the same way that you insist on going to the THEATER in the CENTER of the city. Whereas in England we go to the THEATRE in the CENTRE of the city.

This post was edited

I personally use the words "nudist" and "naturist" interchangeably.

This post was edited

I personally use the words "nudist" and "naturist" interchangeably.v
Ditto except when canvassing area merchants for donations to my club's annual auction, I use the term naturist hoping they will misunderstand it.

This post was edited

I say the bigest difference between nudist and naturist is your country of origin. Here in the US we use nudist as do most Canadians and Aussies. However most Europeans say naturist.
It's the difference of we say wrench, Brits say spanner. We say trunk Brits say boot. We say hood, Brits say bonnet. We say elevator Brits say lift, etc.
Same common language, different words.
MC
Terra Cotta Inn, Palm Springs, CA
https://sunnyfun.com

This post was edited