Photos and message

Hi
Was just wondering if it is possible to attach a photo to a message?

This topic was edited
RE:Photos and message

HiWas just wondering if it is possible to attach a photo to a message?

It is possible, but not easy on this site. First requirement is that the picture must be hosted either on this site, or a publicly available site. You must now the public url for the picture. Click the picture icon (mountain scene with a sun all in a box) and enter the url

This picture is from my profile on this site.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

This one is from your profile. As you can see, security leaves much to be desired and regardless of how much the site owners invest in using java scripts 'for security', it doesn't work. If you put it on the net, it can be captured.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Top man John, thanks.

This post was edited

With the last upgrade, it has been made easier (at least in desktop mode, not sure about mobile mode). As you are writing a post, glance over to the right side of the screen. There is now an option to attach a new image. You have to create the post first, save it ("Save Changes"), choose the option to stay (or go back and edit the message). You can now upload a new image to the post. Not sure were the image gets saved, and if it gets deleted if/when the post gets deleted.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

On my photo get asked if I want to post after I click save changes. I've never said yes but maybe I'll try this time.

This post was edited

Can't post an image without a URL attached to it.

This post was edited

Can't post an image without a URL attached to it.

Yes you can. Different procedure though. Create the post. save it. Go back to the post, and you will see an option to upload a photo to the post on the right side of your screen (PC). Not sure if it is the same on mobile devices.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Been having hard time to attach a photo in messages. Might try this and hope it's the same on mobile. Update no luck on mobile.

This post was edited

Another update was able to figure out how upload pictures from my phone and not on the site. Will ask if your done then scroll down to attach images.

This post was edited