Sexual activity on nude beach

So I spent the last week at a nude beach. Everyday I would take a naked walk on the beach. Did not see anything until my last day when I saw 2 guys and a single guy engaging in sexual activity. I just kept walking and did not look. They both had sun shades positioned so they could see if the ranger was coming and stop what they are doing. Now part of me gets it, you there, your naked, your feeling it. But I wish these people would realize that this is the sort of thing that people do not want to see and will jeopardize the status of the beach.

So I guess my question is, what would you have done if you saw this? Would you have said something to them, reported them, or just ignored it like I did?

This topic was edited
RE:Sexual activity on nude beach

So I guess my question is, what would you have done if you saw this? Would you have said something to them, reported them, or just ignored it like I did?

Depends on the official status of the beach. If it were a legally recognized nude beach, I would of told them to stop. If they declined, call the police/ranger and report them. Give as much detail as possible to identify them. Take pictures.

If it is not a fully legal beach, it is difficult to say. You may end up getting a ticket yourself for being nude.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Yeah ... depends on the status of the beach. A legal nude/clothing optional beach ... absolutely would have said something to them. If they didn't stop, call the rangers or police. A nude/clothing optional tolerated beach, you take your chances with law enforcement even showing up or it backfiring on you and all nudists and they use it against nude use of the beach. That's what happened to our nude beach.

No need for aggravated confrontation, just educate. It's all you can do, in most cases. Doing nothing is the same as being complacent with what is going on. Taking pictures is risky. I think confronting these sexual activities with decorum will be positively accepted and less chance of it becoming ugly and possibly physical. In most cases where we confronted and educated couples and groups engaged in sexual activity on our once nude beach, they usually left the area and ventured further away but many of these people are exhibitionists and want people to watch. When those types continued, we just called the authorities.

This post was edited

This was at Playalinda, but up the beach near the backcountry warning sign. I was there all week and did not see anything until Friday.

But, I'm kind of with you, live and let live. I would just hate to see them close to beach to nudity because of it.

This post was edited

When the police begin getting too many reports, they close beaches to nudity.And to the forum queen, I have confronted as many as five guys acting badly at a beach. It helps being 6'7", 260, and a vet who knows what he's about.

Bet that wasn't a beach in Jersey. How many times does 22 go into 260?

This post was edited

where in the heck would they hide their roscoe anyhow? lol

This post was edited