Hawaii updates?

We are going to Kauai and the Big Island in July, planning to stay at "Hangin Loose." Otherwise, would like to know the state of play as to the beaches on both islands.

This topic was edited
RE:Hawaii updates?

Hangin' Loose is a great little resort. We loved it there. My wife loved the hot tub out in the jungle.. and the shower! There is a nude beach just a few miles from there and the owners at HL are big supporters of it. Just don't inhale too deeply if you go for the drum session on Sunday... lots of pot smoke in the air. LOL

It's been quite a while since I've been to Kauai, not sure how things are there. Last time, I spent the whole day nude at Donkey Beach. Lots of others nude there too, but I've heard they developed the old cane fields and closed it off to the public after building homes there. Sad.

Hope you have a great trip... please share when you get back!

This post was edited

On the Big Island, Kehena in Puna fully tolerates nudity, nice community beach. Drum circle on Sundays. Beach 67 on the West side has occasional DLNR enforcement (when folks from the next beach over complain) but usually a small knot of nude folks. For visitors, never more than a warning. Honokohau, which you may see in some guides, has absolutely not been a nude beach for years, since it's been an active part of a national park.

This post was edited

If only there were more places where it were similarly accepted

This post was edited

This post was edited

This post was edited