RE:certified...why?

cobeachbum I can reply to that point. Prior to the recent update of this site I was able to post pictures to my profile using my IPhone. However, after the update I have not been able to upload pictures using this method. I have tried several times to upload my certification pictures but have not been able to get it done. I would love to be certified!In defense of Team 1, and 2 they have tried repeatedly to help, and have given me ideas on how to change settings on my phone, but nothing they have done, or that I have done on my phone has helped. I have even tried some ideas I got from people in the chat room, still no good.

nebr4200,

Are you using your own network? I have a seasonal campsite at a textile RV Park. Their Wi-Fi network blocks all sites that contain "nude", "sex" or "XXX" in the domain name. They also block streaming and many other large data transfers or preserve bandwidth for email.

Bob

This post was edited

Thanks Bob for responding! I too have a textile camp site that I go to like you and it is restricted. I have also tried it on my server as well as others with the same result. Lee

This post was edited

I think the logic is, if they didnt require a nude photo, you could just search the internet for a picture of a clothed woman or a man holding a whiteboard, and photoshop in a sign. by requiring a nude, you are proving that you are (for the most part anyway) a nudist. They can also look at the time stamp to see if the photos were created on the same day in the same place. sort of a check and balance if you will. If you only submit one photo. I get the thought process. Not a new one. Nudist Clubhouse used to do that as well, but they also allowed you to certify to a certain degree with an AANR membership number which was nice, and i think that was much more effective than a photo certification, since it could be verified with the AANR database.

This post was edited

I think the logic is, if they didnt require a nude photo, you could just search the internet for a picture of a clothed woman or a man holding a whiteboard, and photoshop in a sign. by requiring a nude, you are proving that you are (for the most part anyway) a nudist. They can also look at the time stamp to see if the photos were created on the same day in the same place. sort of a check and balance if you will. If you only submit one photo. I get the thought process. Not a new one. Nudist Clubhouse used to do that as well, but they also allowed you to certify to a certain degree with an AANR membership number which was nice, and i think that was much more effective than a photo certification, since it could be verified with the AANR database.

What I understand is the photos are checked to see if they have been photo-shopped or not so if they are they can be rejected. Also it will make it harder by having the two photos for someone to trick a member of the public to hold a piece of paper for the photo.

This post was edited

I have a minor complaint with the system and have never received an explanation. Successfully got certified with the proper photos, but then some 10 days or so later it was canceled with only the comment that the sign was not present. But the sign was present and readable or else it would not have been approved to start with. So why the cancellation? Since the benefit seemed to be pretty minor I haven't attempted again. Why bother? what could I do better if I did try again? Make a bigger sign? it was the required size piece of paper. written on with black marking pen. I could see the writing plain enough in my pictures. Something will have to inspire another attempt, like either significant benefit or an explanation. A real live honest country naturist has such difficulty and supposedly many fakes get in easy. I realize fakes may be hard to detect if they do a good job. But it seems a lame excuse was used to kick me out. But not out enough for me to be very concerned. While it is nice to be able to talk with fellow naturists about naturism when no one else around me is willing to discuss it, I don't have to be here.

This post was edited

Great question.

The pro's for "why certify" have been well covered here. Rising above the fake accounts is the main reason, of course.

But I'll give you a reason why not to (well, why I am not certified anyway).

Like you, I have a career that is potentially problematic. Although I trust the admins, it's a simple fact that sites get hacked. All the time. Big sites that employ security professionals have major leaks every other day. And being small is no help - hackers scan every address in the world, looking for installed software with known vulnerabilities.

Even though your picture isn't posted publicly, they are still holding it. If this site gets hacked, that picture could be leaked. And if you're like me, that's a risk I'm not prepared to entertain.

I love the site, but I'm prepared to wear the consequences of not verifying. I'm grateful they allow us (verified and unverified) to interact, and give members the tools to block unverified if they want.

This post was edited