Shark attack at Haulover

www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/07/10/shark-bites-both-legs-swimmer-off-popular-florida-nude-beach.html

John aka cobeachbum

This topic was edited
RE:Shark attack at Haulover

Wow! Shocking to hear about that.

And we're headed to Haulover in a week.

Just going to have to keep a close watch and be careful

This post was edited

Wife and I were there a couple years ago. We were in the water like many others when two sharks drifted by about 15 feet away from us. I yelled shark and we made our way back to shore. The life guard yelled everyone out. We all stood watching for about half hour until they swam away. Gotta say, it was a bit unnerving.

This post was edited

With the type of shark involved in this, it would not have mattered if he was in sea water or a fresh water river. It's a bull shark, and they can live in either type of water. There have been documented cases of bull sharks in the Mississippi River as far north as Illinois. Bull sharks are notorious for attacking people, more so that most kinds of sharks.

This post was edited

I hope my wife doesn't see this article.

This post was edited

You and me both, yikes

This post was edited

Couple years ago we were with a Naturist group off Captiva when a school of Jelly fish surrounded us. Only one got stung before we could all get out, and luckily it was on the ankle. Being nude made just the thought of getting stung elsewhere painful.

This post was edited

Yikes, be careful people.

This post was edited

wow that is a scary thing, we need to learn so much more about these creatures and how we can keep us both safe and avoid interactions.

The problem is these days you can go out in a boat and watch the sharks been feed and go diving in a cage in shark infested waters which to me makes it more likely for the sharks to come around us looking for food and then attack us.

This post was edited