How to encourage your partner to become a nudist?

Hello I would love to hear your stories of how you might have encouraged your partner to become a nudist. Lots of people struggle with this.

This topic was edited
RE:How to encourage your partner to become a nudist?

I gave him his space and let him join in at his own pace. It took nearly 5 years, but now he is more open and accepting of nudism and now we even host nudist parties. Forcing it on someone will rarely work.

This post was edited

I couldn't talk my partner into it but did convince my sister in law to come to Playalinda beach several times. We started a mental and EXXXXXTRemely physical one after that. She is a beautiful woman and many heads turn as we walk the beach, hand in hand.

This post was edited

Two replies in and we already have the sex crazed showing up.

Here's a less "Dear Penthouse" reply:

1. Communicate to them that nudism is important to you. They don't need to understand all the whys & wherefores. Just that it is something you enjoy deeply and value. There are many, many resources out there that explain all about nudism. If they'll read it, fine. But at the end, it is something you value; they need not understand or buy into it completely.

2. Do a bit of "horse trading". Offer to do or give or go somewhere/something important to them if they will participate in some way. This could be going to a resort, visiting a beach, spending the day at home nude, something.

3. Take them on a trip far away. Many people fear discovery and having to answer questions or being seen by someone who may know them - even remotely. A trip to Europe, or the Caribbean, or south Florida, or anywhere you fly to or drive more than six hours away. Make going to a nude beach/resort a SMALL part of a larger trip that they will enjoy.

4. Ask for small concessions. Like, "I know you don't like me being naked, but how about if I only go nude on Wednesday nights?" Again, the point is to communicate that this is important to you (however crazy & perverse & pointless they may think it is).

5. Don't expect/require nudism to ever become important to them. They may become tolerant, but they may never "get it". There are many things that one partner is really into (football, golf, stamp collecting, gardening) that the other person could happily live without. Nudism may be one of those things.

This post was edited

Well said NatureBoy. Good stuff.

This post was edited

Two replies in and we already have the sex crazed showing up.Here's a less "Dear Penthouse" reply:1. Communicate to them that nudism is important to you. They don't need to understand all the whys & wherefores. Just that it is something you enjoy deeply and value. There are many, many resources out there that explain all about nudism. If they'll read it, fine. But at the end, it is something you value; they need not understand or buy into it completely.2. Do a bit of "horse trading". Offer to do or give or go somewhere/something important to them if they will participate in some way. This could be going to a resort, visiting a beach, spending the day at home nude, something.3. Take them on a trip far away. Many people fear discovery and having to answer questions or being seen by someone who may know them - even remotely. A trip to Europe, or the Caribbean, or south Florida, or anywhere you fly to or drive more than six hours away. Make going to a nude beach/resort a SMALL part of a larger trip that they will enjoy.4. Ask for small concessions. Like, "I know you don't like me being naked, but how about if I only go nude on Wednesday nights?" Again, the point is to communicate that this is important to you (however crazy & perverse & pointless they may think it is).5. Don't expect/require nudism to ever become important to them. They may become tolerant, but they may never "get it". There are many things that one partner is really into (football, golf, stamp collecting, gardening) that the other person could happily live without. Nudism may be one of those things.

This should probably be #6, Lead by example. Be nude around this person as much as allowable, to show how easy it is and how normal it can be.

This post was edited

I guess my way is just not bugging her about it. I'm nude pretty much all the time when I'm home whether be inside or out. When going to work or just going to town I'm nude when I leave and nude when I get back. She has always seen how much I enjoy nudity and how comfortable I am in my skin and has said on many occasions how she wished she was that comfortable. Nothing would please me more than for her to be nude as often as I am, but even tho she did go to a resort with me about a month ago, she's just not that comfortable being nude. She actually likes being nude I think but it's the fear of being seen by someone she knows or someone that know someone she knows or just someone finding out she likes to be nude....does that make sense? But I tell you one thing....whether she's nude or fully clothed.....I'll love her till the day I die!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited

Very good post by NatureBoy24. Concise, clear, awesome.

I would only add to start at home; and then consider social/outdoors nudity when there is a clear degree of comfort being openly nude in front of one another.

Although home nudism will not necessarily always lead to social/outdoors nudity, it does often facilitate the process and makes that "transition" easier.

This post was edited

I couldn't talk my partner into it but did convince my sister in law to come to Playalinda beach several times. We started a mental and EXXXXXTRemely physical one after that. She is a beautiful woman and many heads turn as we walk the beach, hand in hand.

Yeah been on site for over a year and still a blank profile.

This post was edited

Excellent response, roystephens. You've reached a balance and both accept each other. And respect & love each other more than a style of (un)dress.

but even tho she did go to a resort with me about a month ago, she's just not that comfortable being nude. She actually likes being nude I think but it's the fear of being seen by someone she knows or someone that know someone she knows or just someone finding out she like to be nude....does that make sense?

See #3 above. Many people are not opposed to nudity per se, but they are very concerned that others will perceive it as perverse and/or weird. Many people like to keep up with & fit in with the Joneses. Unless you take such a person to Europe, I'm not sure they'll ever embrace social nudity.

This post was edited

I would only add to start at home; and then consider social/outdoors nudity when there is a clear degree of comfort being openly nude in front of one another.
My only caveat to this would be that some people (my wife) don't see the point of just being naked. Why would you want to take off your clothes at home? At least wear some boxers & a T-shirt. There's no (perceived) benefit or motivation for being naked around the house. But go on a vacation & being naked becomes part of enjoying the beach in an exotic place (where no one will ever find out).

This post was edited