RE:How to encourage your partner to become a nudist?

OP been on site 3 years. Joined 40 groups. Has 171 friends. EMPTY Profile. Unbelievable !!!

This post was edited

I would only add to start at home; and then consider social/outdoors nudity when there is a clear degree of comfort being openly nude in front of one another.My only caveat to this would be that some people (my wife) don't see the point of just being naked. Why would you want to take off your clothes at home? At least wear some boxers & a T-shirt. There's no (perceived) benefit or motivation for being naked around the house. But go on a vacation & being naked becomes part of enjoying the beach in an exotic place (where no one will ever find out).

I see your point. To me, it really depends on what your goals are. If the goal is occasional nudity once or twice a year while vacationing, then I would agree that there is little point to having a nude home. But if the goal is nudism as a way of life, I still believe that home is the best place to start. How coud you expect a spouse to be comfortable nude in a variety of social and private situations if he/she is not even comfortable being naked at home? Granted, the two are not always dependent: someone can be comfortable nude at home and still not want to socialize nude; and vice-versa. Cases can be made for both.

But in my personal experience, starting at home helps. It did with my ex and fiance. And they both initially saw "ZERO value" to being nude at home.
My ex gradually changed her mind about home nudity. By the time we went on our first resort trip she was already used to being nude in front of me and vice-versa, which greatly helped her undress at the resort. There, she enjoyed the feeling of being naked outdoors so much that she brought it home and started opting to not always wear clothes inside the house as well. Her growing comfort being nude at home translated into decreased hang-ups about being naked amongst other people. Which in turn led to more resort/club trips and more comfort socializing naked with nudists. Which in turn led to her decision to not wear clothes at home anymore. Which finally led to her comfort hosting, participating in activities, making friends; and being naked as much as possible - in a variety of situations. All of this would have never happened without home nudity.
It's a little different with my fiance. But again we have just bought a new place and have agreed to spend "naked time" at home. One day a week we just take our clothes off and cook together, watch movies and chat naked. It was actually her idea, knowing that it would make me happy and she enjoying being nude herself. From there we'll see how things evolve; but it is starting with home nudity.

So I'm not saying it's necessarily a pre-requisite; just that it can make things easier if your goal is a nudist way of life.

This post was edited

For us, it was something she knew I was interested in for awhile. When we moved to Florida in 2016, we ended up in a house with a pool and a private backyard. That helped her jump into the lifestyle. We both enjoyed getting in the pool without worrying about wet bathing suits. Over time I started talking about going to a nude beach, but she wasn't comfortable with that. I discovered Cypress Cove near Disney and showed her the website. That she was comfortable trying.

We actually had a 5K at Disney one Friday, but our Disney passes were blacked out, so after we ran we were in Orlando with nothing really to do. So, I suggested we give Cypress Cove a try. They did a great job giving us a tour. It was somewhat disconcerting being dressed around all of those naked people, lol. Everyone was extremely friendly, and no one was pushy at all, especially the staff at the resort. After the tour, they gave us the option of staying for half the normal cost, or leaving. I left it up to her. She decided she would stay. They have a lake area that has less people and I offered to go there to undress, but she said, what the heck, and we stripped at the car. We did go down to the lake to put sunscreen on, but was only there for a few minutes before we headed up to the pools. It's nice that they have a full bar as well. That did help to calm some of the nerves.

What we found was that nudist folks are extremely friendly and great people. We enjoy it there so much that we decided to join. We only have an after 5 membership, because most of the time we will spend the day at Disney, then head over there for the evening before we head home.

That's our story. Would love to hear from others as well as looking for friends on here and in real life.

This post was edited

Well first of all in terms of encouraging myself...

I started by being in an environment for a week where I was challenging myself constantly in a different way (hiking), so when I came down from the mountains my confidence was already sky high. In addition, hiking you deal with quite a few taboos like sleeping in close proximity to strangers, and using shared bathrooms. So I thought it would be no big deal going to a nude beach.

I warmed up to it by spending as much time naked as possible around the house, leaving the curtains open, and just generally getting used to the feel of air on skin. On day one I chickened out, and went to the beach one down from the naturist beach. I was super disappointed in myself, so the next day I made a more determined effort and found a deserted beach (partly because it was raining), and progressed slowly: nude under a towel, nude next to the towel etc, until I was comfortable walking down the empty beach and going in the sea naked. After a day of getting used to it, the next time I went to a beach with lots of people I just wore shorts and couldn't wait to be on the beach enough to drop them. It was definitely my favourite naked day.

The next taboo of course was to get my then girlfriend to come with me. She pre-warned me that the last time she saw a naked stranger she had screamed and run away, so I decided to take a similar approach. We had lunch at the restaurant next to the resort, where everyone was clothed, but a few passers by in the distance were nude. She could barely swallow her food at the start, but after an hour she was calm enough to talk about other things. Then we went for a walk along the very edge of the beach. I knew she would point and stare a bit until she calmed down, but I did ask her not to scream! We chatted about anything apart from nudity to keep her mind off it and then found a quieter part of the beach to relax. I tried to build in a few ideas that would make her feel comfortable, like clothing free also meant much less judgmentalism, especially about class and background, and by the end of day one she was still textile but comfortable. Day two she started complaining about how uncomfortable her costume was, so it was clear she was going to take it off sooner or later. Lastly, when she did, I didn't make a big deal of it, and just gave her a suntan lotion back rub without saying anything.

I think deep down everyone would prefer to be naked, and the reality is that everyone looks better naked. And everyone feels better naked. It is sexy being naked, but it is not necessarily sexual, and it takes a day or two to understand that, so best not to rush it. It is also good to reassure your partner that if they are confused about that for a few days it doesn't really matter. In reality, after the first hour or two he should be fine, but give him/her a little more time just to match their fears.

This post was edited

Also in Europe, you don't have to go to a resort to be nude... just wander to the nearest nude beach. That is far easier to handle than pre-committing.

This post was edited

This is a great question I am struggling with for a while now..

My wife thinks it is silly and funny that I am sitting around naked at home for no reason.. Her only valid reasons seem to be shower and sex.

But I am looking upto this group of like minded experienced nudists to get some tips on how best to make your partner nudist as well!!

This post was edited

Hello I would love to hear your stories of how you might have encouraged your partner to become a nudist. Lots of people struggle with this.

I was lucky and didn't have to encourage my wife to want to live a nudist lifestyle. We'd talked about it later in our HS years as boyfriend/girlfriend. As our relationship grew stronger and we were seriously committed to one another, I think it just became part of who we were to become. We even talked about our children and how they would be raised.

We've had set backs. Body changing after children, C section birth, growing older and gaining weight, menopause ... all these things have had negative affects on my wife and her commitment to our lifestyle, at one time or another. To her credit, she's always been fine with home nudism but those set backs affected our social nudism for short periods of time.

I encouraged my wife by being loving, supportive, respectful and above all ... patient. I've always let Di choose her path and speed with nudism, never pushing or begging or pleading. The only thing I've ever done was to say ... "try it. If you don't like it, then you don't have to do it!" That was regarding social nudism and she did try it, liked it and is happy I asked her to at least try it. I think it's like most things in life. How do you know you don't like it, unless you try it.

Open and honest communication is also the key. If a partner/spouse/significant other isn't comfortable with simple, non sexual nudity, there must be a reason or reasons and communication can help by talking about those things and finding solutions or compromise.

This post was edited