Tree Conservancy in The City

I grew up in suburbia America. I am use to every one in my neighborhood having large properties with grass and trees,and our neighborhood had near by wood areas.
So it is no wonder I would not like to live in a city.
I dont like cities because almost every where you look ,you see concrete buildings,concrete side walks,and asphalt roads,and all the pollution from all the vehicles in the air .
You know trees are so rare in city,they treat them like endangered species.
The city places 4 ft high electric fences around the bottom portions of the trees,to prevent dogs from killing the trees by lifting their legs and peeing on the trees.
You can tell the cities tree conservancy program is successful, because there is a hot dog stand on almost on every corner in the city.
Written Stephen J. Vattimo
Aug 18, 2017

This topic was edited
RE:Tree Conservancy in The City

Narrow vision. I'm in a big city and have never seen anything like you're describing. Perhaps the city in question should be cited. The description sound like something out of a futuristic fantasy novel, eh G. Orwell?

This post was edited

I grew up in suburbia America. You can tell the cities tree conservancy program is successful, because there is a hot dog stand on almost on every corner in the city.Aug 18, 2017

Definitely a sure sign of a successful tree conservancy program with all the hot dog stands around. That's probably what city hall was going for when they initiated the project, a proliferation of hot dog stands in the city. They most likely require each one to pay for a permit to occupy a certain corner, so that generates more revenue for the city from each one, not to mention charging for a permit to trim or cut on a tree, generating even MORE revenue for the city coffers. Next they will require permits to rake leaves under the trees when they fall off in the autumn. They will also pass an ordinance requiring everyone to KEEP the leaves raked each week while they are falling, necessitating a permit be issued/paid for each week to avoid getting cited by ordinance enforcement and fined for not being in compliance, which will generate another source of income for the city.

This post was edited

Too funny Lakeman! Unfortunately, as with most good humor, it's more founded on "truth." What you've described is definitely more probable characteristic of a city than the original!

This post was edited