Topless in South Daktoa

I'm a photographer, and I'm not looking to shoot nude portraits - but I'd like to do topless shots.

I looked at a few threads on this forum... One that I came across says it's legal to be nude (for my purposes: topless) on national forest service land, unless that one has rules against it - is that right? You're not bound to county law in that regard?

As far as I can see, Black Hills National Forest has no rule against nudity. Am I safe to shoot there?

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprd3842996.pdf

I found this, which implies to me that nudity is normally allowed?

Also, does anyone know about Custer? I checked their county's ordinances, and unlike the counties around them (which rule on this under ordinance 466), I found no laws regarding nudity or women being topless... Can I go to Custer state park and do topless shots?

Thanks!

This topic was edited
RE:Topless in South Daktoa

In regards to the National Forests, you need to check each forest's rules to see if they have adopted local or state laws into their rules. Even if they haven't, most forests prohibit nudity in campgrounds, at trail heads, and other developed sites under federal regulations.

As for state parks, they are subject to all state laws. Most will also be subject to county and other local ordinances unless specifically exempt.

That said, I know that in most cases if you are in a national forest and out on a remote trail, nobody is going to really care if you are nude or not. And the chances of running into a ranger are pretty slim. I would suggest finding a pretty spot away from the crowds and out on a national forest trail for your photography.

This post was edited
RE:Topless in South Daktoa

National forests and blm lands are managed and governed by the state laws in which they lay. Unless otherwise stated.

This post was edited