Anyone been on a men's nude sailing excursion?

I'm considering a weeklong trip with gaysail.com for next summer; any tips would be appreciated!

This topic was edited
RE:Anyone been on a men's nude sailing excursion?

I'm straight, so no.

However, I have been nude on my own boat several times (OK, pretty much every time) and it is fantastic.

This post was edited

I have not been on a chartered nude sailing voyage, but sailed naked. Since I have done it, every time I am on a boat, I feel like I need to strip.
I look for private boats to join in North America all the time. It is a little tougher to find a sailor open to nudity than one would think. I have been uninvited when I asked about it by a couple sailors.

Consider Salty Boys. They offer both Naturist and Gay Cruises. I am seriously thinking of their Naturist charter next season.

This post was edited

I have been nude boating and fishing with another nudist only once, and it was incredible! I would love to go nude sailing or boating.
I did hang out naked on the balcony of our cruise ship in the Greek Isles last summer...that was pretty nice.

This post was edited

As IlSaggitario pointed out, the type of other guests on the trip should be an important consideration. I went on an all day nude snorkeling boat tour a few times the FL Keys. When I went with friends I had a nice time. When I later went alone I could not wait for it to end. The other guys were unfriendly, including the crew. The prospect of spending a week that way would send me overboard. So maybe some investigating of the type of clietele would be helpful.

If you go I hope you will report back. The destinations look amazing, we will enjoy hearing about them.

This post was edited

I have had good experiences nude sailing and boating.

I went bare boating with a small group of friends (meaning we captained our own boat), and we spent most of the time naked. It was incredible. We were in the BVI, so most moorings are pretty crowded and you have to be a little discrete about it when on moorings surrounded by other boats, but generally people are pretty laid back.

I have also been on an RSVP gay cruise, which has a "dick deck". Meaning the top deck of the boat is clothing optional. That was fabulous. Great social scene and a cocktail service to boot.

I have also been on nude day sailing charters in Key West. I had a great time, tho the weather wasn't ideal.

As others have pointed out, you need to make sure you're going with the right group. The smaller the boat, the more critical this is because there is no room to hide. It's best if you recruit a friend or two so you at least have someone to hang with.

This post was edited

I too have been on three RSVP cruises. Love them.

This post was edited

I have been on 4 RSVP cruises and enjoyed them. Have tanned on the clothing optional deck which was great. Have yet to do a nude cruise though. Would love it.

This post was edited

I think being in a small group sailing for a week, its unavoidable that you will be with people that arent as agreeable as you would prefer to if you had a choice in choosing. Ive been on two SaltyBoys naturist trips (Spain and France) and they have been great. The mean age I would say early 40 and there are a few young people that go. Generally though its best to go with at least one friend but I didnt have trouble making friends. Its 90-100% gay clientele. You do cook your own communal meals and the group generally sticks together on shore excursions but being naked the whole week on the boat sailing/sleeping, in the water when anchored at a quiet bay, or on the nude beaches we stop it. It was amazing.

This post was edited

I'd love to go on one of these types of cruises but I'm so fair skinned that I'd literally have to limit myself to the cruise's nightlife. The sun would tear me to shreds.

This post was edited

I am going in April to the Bahamas to take such a trip. I have had the whole spectrum of fears/anxieties. I decided to go have fun; make my own fun. It's my first true vacation in 20 years. I'll report back

I so enjoyed my week long naked cruise. If the motor was off the clothes were off. Everyone onboard was very friendly and since we were all there for the same reason, there were no issues.
We saw several other boats enjoying the sun in the same manner.
I would do it again in a moments notice..

B~

This post was edited