Retirement and Clothing Supply

Retiring also is a time when it is possible to reduce your clothing stock.
When I retired, I gave away most of my work clothes, except one suit, 4 long sleeve and 1 short sleeve dress shirt, and a very few ties.
Over the next two year, I got rid of some "business casual" shirts and slacks, most of my dress socks, and all of my underwear and undershirts.
If you are retired, did you do something similar?

This topic was edited
RE:Retirement and Clothing Supply

yer talking about a whole different lifestyle than I'm acquainted with. The typical' get a job, work for wages thing, business or corporate positions. Which is foreign to me. Other than truck driving in our own company, which I will do for awhile just to get going on something else, and which only takes ordinary clothes that I'd wear anyway to go out in public. My work wear, (for when fabric is needed) gets greased up, heavily stained, and finally gets holes worn or ripped in it. Mechanic work and rough woods work. And that will never change, as I don't ever plan to retire. Retire from what? What I love to do? Although I do plan on transitioning to more agriculture and more work time without the fabric. And eventually I plan on having an income that I don't have to work for so I can focus work time solely on what I want to accomplish. Managing greenhouses where the workers can work nude all they want is my dream job, lifestyle rather. To be continued as long as eating the raw nutrient dense food will keep me going. And the greenhouse support operations would include some foundry, machining, and plenty of firewood processing and charcoal making, most of which is nude work.

This post was edited

I wore a uniform at work. Clothes worn to and from work ... well ... I almost always drove to work and back home again, naked. A pair of shorts, a t shirt/Hawaiian shirt and flip flops were almost always what I had to slip on to exit the truck or to get to the truck for the drive home.

I go through my closest quite often and donate clothing I don't use anymore or is not in style. I/we need clothes so there's no sense in throwing them all away or donating all of them. I kept a couple of work uniforms because I periodically visit my grandkids school classrooms and give fire safety talks and demonstrations. What we often find funny is that I will wear the same clothes for three days straight sometimes. I run to the store or to the hardware store and slip on something, then get home and take if off and then the next day run a few errands and slip those same clothes back on, only to strip them off as soon as I return home. I maybe wear the clothes for an hour at the most and so they aren't soiled so I just continue to wear them til my wife is sick of seeing me in the same stuff for a few days! :DD

This post was edited

I wore a uniform at work. Clothes worn to and from work ... well ... I almost always drove to work and back home again, naked. A pair of shorts, a t shirt/Hawaiian shirt and flip flops were almost always what I had to slip on to exit the truck or to get to the truck for the drive home.I go through my closest quite often and donate clothing I don't use anymore or is not in style. I/we need clothes so there's no sense in throwing them all away or donating all of them. I kept a couple of work uniforms because I periodically visit my grandkids school classrooms and give fire safety talks and demonstrations. What we often find funny is that I will wear the same clothes for three days straight sometimes. I run to the store or to the hardware store and slip on something, then get home and take if off and then the next day run a few errands and slip those same clothes back on, only to strip them off as soon as I return home. I maybe wear the clothes for an hour at the most and so they aren't soiled so I just continue to wear them til my wife is sick of seeing me in the same stuff for a few days! :DD

From what you have said, it seems like what your wife sees you in most often is nothing. Does she also get tired of seeing you that way?

This post was edited

No .. in fact, she's usually the one that will mention to me that "You're (I'm) still dressed", if I'm not immediately naked after getting home from someplace. There was a topic of discussion on here at one time and I relayed a story about some nudist friends we had and the woman had asked my wife if I was always naked at home. When my wife said, "yes, he and I are always naked at home," she asked, "don't you get tired of seeing him naked?" My wife replied that she did not and enjoyed our naked life and that we are both in better moods when we are naked. This friend admitted that she "didn't like seeing her husband naked all the time."

The three nudist couples we are friends with are also like we are ... naked almost always at home, inside and out ... of course, depending on weather. All three of those couples live in areas where it gets down right COLD, rain and snow and freezing temps. But they all admit that if either of them are clothed, there is something wrong! :D

This post was edited

I too wore uniforms at work. They are in totes in the basement. Because of the patches and embroidery on them they cant be given to goodwill.
If im not nude at home throughout the day and our son isnt home, my wife thinks something is wrong and ask me why im dressed. Shes very accepting of my daily nudity.

This post was edited

I too wore uniforms at work. They are in totes in the basement. Because of the patches and embroidery on them they cant be given to goodwill.If im not nude at home throughout the day and our son isnt home, my wife thinks something is wrong and ask me why im dressed. Shes very accepting of my daily nudity.

Same here. My wife is surprised if I have any clothing on when we are the only ones at home.

This post was edited

Not retired, but when I do get dressed, my wife asks me where I'm going.

This post was edited

Since it had been over a year since the last time I went through my closet and dresser, i decided it was time to do so again. Got rid of a large bag of clothing including two pair of long pants and several shirts. Also tossed 2 swimsuits. Still have 6 with varying coverage to meet different occasions. Closet is now half empty, as are 2 drawers in my dresser.
I will never have a truly minimal wardrobe since I am involved in several community activities and enjoy doing so, but a reduction in clothing supply still gives a sense of freedom.

This post was edited

Since retirement my clothing need has diminished to work jeans and a t-shirt, dress jeans and a t-shirt, work shorts and a t-shirt, and dress shorts and a t-shirt. All get worn numerous times before hitting the laundry because the dress stuff is only worn for short periods of time and the work clothes get dirty almost immediately after putting them on. It just makes more sense to me to start out with the dirty ones if they are going to stay that way throughout the day.

This post was edited

Since retirement my clothing need has diminished to work jeans and a t-shirt, dress jeans and a t-shirt, work shorts and a t-shirt, and dress shorts and a t-shirt. All get worn numerous times before hitting the laundry because the dress stuff is only worn for short periods of time and the work clothes get dirty almost immediately after putting them on. It just makes more sense to me to start out with the dirty ones if they are going to stay that way throughout the day.

Do you own any collared shirts or dress slacks that are not jeans?
Any swimwear or underwear?

This post was edited