RE:Retirement and Clothing Supply

LOL! That's funny and true all at the same time. We have found the same thing when we travel and stay at AANR resorts. we rarely need to do laundry because we are naked most of the time except when we need to run to town to buy food, etc. We still over pack our clothing and most of it remains folded or hanging up as we are always naked at these resorts. Oh well, maybe one day we will learn.

Others in the forum have noted that they pack no clothing, just have what they are wearing for the trip, since the rare times they wear clothes they can just keep wearing the same thing and was it in between.

This post was edited

Since retirement my clothing need has diminished to work jeans and a t-shirt, dress jeans and a t-shirt, work shorts and a t-shirt, and dress shorts and a t-shirt. All get worn numerous times before hitting the laundry because the dress stuff is only worn for short periods of time and the work clothes get dirty almost immediately after putting them on. It just makes more sense to me to start out with the dirty ones if they are going to stay that way throughout the day.Do you own any collared shirts or dress slacks that are not jeans?Any swimwear or underwear?
There are still a few shirts in the closet that probably would have to be washed before wearing because they have been hanging there for the better part of ten years. There is on pair of casual slacks that I wore to a wedding about eight years ago. I actually use spandex underwear or exercise shorts for swimwear. Just can't stand the loose fitting stuff, and wear underwear most of the time.

This post was edited

Since my last post I have made a few minor reductions.
Swimsuits are down to 2, and have no more than 3 of any itm except gym shorts and t shirts.
The less clothing I have the better I feel. By the way the drawers I emptied got refilled quickly with my wife's overflow.

This post was edited

Three examples of actual or planned extreme reductions of clothing supply at or after retirement I read on other boards.

One man. when he and his male partner retired, they got rid of most of their clothing and moved the little they still ,had to two shelves in the laundry room. They then got rid of their dressers and took the closets out of their bedroom. He said that it gave them more space for other uses and meant that the entire house except the laundry room was a completely clothing free zone. They later moved to the Canary Islands. He found the area to be very nude friendly, including many places that were not officially clothing optional, He even found some small stores and outdoor cafes and taverns that allowed nude patrons. Some places that did not permit total nudity were OK with him just wearing a small wrap. On the rare occasions when he had to wear real clothing, he wore a kilt. The last time he posted, he had only one pair each of shorts and long pants and hadn't worn either in over 2 years!
Another male couple was planning to live full time in their cabin in the woods which had no closet or dresser and only keep a little clothing that would fit on the two shelves in the laundry area and get rid of the rest of it.
A single man's retirement plans take the ultimate step. His intent is to give away as much clothing as possible just before he retires. Then, when he gets home from work on the last day, he will destroy the little bit he has left and live completely clothing free as long as he can. When he absolutely needs clothing for something, he would then order the minimum he must have.

This post was edited

Since my last post I have made a few minor reductions.Swimsuits are down to 2, and have no more than 3 of any itm except gym shorts and t shirts.The less clothing I have the better I feel. By the way the drawers I emptied got refilled quickly with my wife's overflow.

By the way, in the category of gym shorts, I have two 8", two 5" and one 3" so if I counted them as separate items, I would not have more than 3 of them either. 5" is my preferred length.

This post was edited

Since retirement my clothing need has diminished to work jeans and a t-shirt, dress jeans and a t-shirt, work shorts and a t-shirt, and dress shorts and a t-shirt. All get worn numerous times before hitting the laundry because the dress stuff is only worn for short periods of time and the work clothes get dirty almost immediately after putting them on. It just makes more sense to me to start out with the dirty ones if they are going to stay that way throughout the day.

Only one of each?

This post was edited

Since my last post I have made a few minor reductions.Swimsuits are down to 2, and have no more than 3 of any itm except gym shorts and t shirts.The less clothing I have the better I feel. By the way the drawers I emptied got refilled quickly with my wife's overflow.By the way, in the category of gym shorts, I have two 8", two 5" and one 3" so if I counted them as separate items, I would not have more than 3 of them either. 5" is my preferred length.

Tossed the 8" shorts a little while after I posted this. Got one pair of 5" cargo shorts. Will either replace all of my longer cargo shorts with 5" when they wear out or toss them all and go with all 5" shorts.

This post was edited