Bacon Loving Nudists REJOICE

I have seen on here many times not to fry bacon while nude. Wear an apron or some other covering while frying it, is usually mentioned. I discovered a method to fry bacon that is safe to do nude, without getting spattered with grease from the cooking. I keep a cast iron pot of oil on the stove to cook french fries and such in. I figured why not try that with bacon. I got the oil hot, to about 330* F, then started laying the slices into the oil one at a time. each slice laid down on the bottom of the pot for 10-15 seconds before reacting to the heat. Then it just sort of rose to the surface and started bubbling in the oil. There was not any spattering or splattering during the cooking, and I cooked 9-10 pieces at the same time while I was at it. So it appears to me to be a safer way of frying your bacon while staying nude to do it. I was totally nude while doing this, and did not suffer any adverse consequences. So maybe consider deep frying your bacon if you want to cook nude and not have to cover up for this activity. I have been eating bacon while posting this and it has turned out nice and crispy with no burning or anything.

This topic was edited
RE:Bacon Loving Nudists REJOICE

Has anyone else tried this method of frying bacon yet?

This post was edited

i have not tried that one. But i fry bacon all the time in buff. I simply put 4 slices on a pie plate, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper, put the covered plate in the microwave for about 4 min. After 4 min pull out, put sort of cooked bacon onto paper towels, cover with paper towel and press down to get the towel to absorb the grease and put back in the microwave for about 1 min. Check after a minute, I like mine very crispy so sometimes it takes a few seconds longer.
Result is crisp bacon with no splatters. Added bonus for my barn cats is I dump some dry cat food into the hot bacon grease and let it cool and set the pie plate out by their cat food bowl. They love it.

This post was edited

The oven works the best no chance of splattering grease.

This post was edited

The only thing I dislike about frying bacon is that it splatters up my glasses. The only time I ever use or eat bacon is when I make my baked beans.

This post was edited

My wife has perfected her oven method of making bacon, and we have used the microwave in the past. Neither method is as good to me as pan-fried bacon! Just my opinion, as I'm sure many others disagree!

I've found that spatter is severely reduced just by covering the bacon with foil while cooking in the pan! I might have tried a lid, but my pan is too big! The stove top stays a lot cleaner, and the occasional spatter hazard to the bacon-pan-frying-nudist is reduced.

Never tried the method described, but it makes me wonder if it would also reduce cooking time! Another thought is to what kind of oil to use - as I'm sure the different types would make the bacon have a different flavor in the end! Thanks for the tip!

This post was edited

Close nudist friend gave my wife a recipe for bacon in the oven ... it is awesome. Other then that, my wife used the microwave. While camping at the club or a resort, I'll still fry bacon the old fashion way outside on the camping stove, naked and no apron. Never had a problem.

This post was edited

Just tested my own "using aluminum foil" idea, as I've only did it once, and needed to make bacon this morning! Much cleaner, although not spotless, of course! You do feel an occasional small spritz from the pan, but it didn't bother me. Those more sensitive might need to make themselves up a "naked bacon" apron! I haven't felt the need for one!

Some folks cook just what they need...I always make the whole pound - even if I'm the only one eating! There is nothing like "express-on-demand bacon" for the house! I've gotten used to it at work, since one of the guys always seems to have bacon, regardless of what's on the menu!

Our current fav is smoked, thick sliced bacon (again blame work!) And my menu item of the morning for "brunch" is cheesy bacon grits - a homemade serving of grits with shredded cheddar slightly mixed in with crumbled bacon! Top off with a pair of "dippy eggs!"

Good eatin'!

This post was edited

I use the oven for bacon and cook the entire package at once. Placing the strips on a rack cuts down on the grease substantially and the drippings are then easy to clean out of the pan for future use in something else. If what is cooked is not eaten at that sitting, the remainder is put into the refrigerator and used as desired after a quick warm up in the microwave. My cook time in the oven is about a half hour at 350 and the microwave time depends on the number of strips to heat.

This post was edited

Use very little fat in the pan. Place the bacon in slowly. With no fat to spit it does not spit.

But then again I'm in the UK. I never saw any of the lean back bacon we and the Scandinavians eat in my visits to the States, it was all streaky bacon and small rashers.

The problem is probably the wrong bacon.

This post was edited

It is different, Steve! When I served with the TA, the common phrase the Brits used for American bacon was "stripey" bacon! I don't think it would go as well with the "traditional British" breakfast!

This post was edited