RE:Bacon Loving Nudists REJOICE

Well, this started out as a way of informing everybody of a new way to FRY bacon without worrying about splatter while doing it, but most seem to relate to just cooking it in the oven or microwave. While this DOES get it cooked, it is still not fried with this method. Another advantage to deep frying the bacon is, it will season the grease/oil with a bacon flavor so that subsequent foods cooked in it will also take on a bit of the bacon flavor, too. That is, if you use the oil for multiple cookings.

This post was edited

My wife simply uses a splatter guard/screen. She'll slip on an old t shirt or something if she's "frying" bacon but as stated earlier, it's usually baked or microwaved.

Keeping a pan/pot/grease container on the stove is something my grandmother did and my mother did, on occasion. I don't know that most people do that anymore. It may be regional but haven't seen people we know and visit often, do this. Granted, it made food taste better but many people have gone to healthier methods of eating and deep frying seems to be falling by the wayside.

This post was edited

Please do not talk about bacon i find this offensive and discriminatory as I am a vegetarian.!

Well, you did have the opportunity to see the title of the thread and decide if you wanted to read it or not, so not my fault. It's not discriminatory either, as you have the choice to enjoy or reject eating bacon. I will not try to persuade you to imbibe in it or dissuade you from imbibing in it. But, another thing I like to do with bacon is to wrap it around a pork loin and pin it in place with tooth picks. Then put it on the smoker for 2-2.5 hours with oak or pecan wood to provide the extra smoke flavor.

This post was edited

Granted, it made food taste better but many people have gone to healthier methods of eating and deep frying seems to be falling by the wayside.

Maybe so, but in my opinion it is still the most bestest way to cook a turkey.

This post was edited

Granted, it made food taste better but many people have gone to healthier methods of eating and deep frying seems to be falling by the wayside.

Maybe so, but in my opinion it is still the most bestest way to cook a turkey.

This post was edited

Shallow pan fried, is the only true way to cook bacon. Any other method is crap.

This post was edited

Shallow pan fried, is the only true way to cook bacon. Any other method is crap.

Have you actually tried the deep frying method? If not, then you cant really speak with full authority on the matter. It comes out just as crispy as the pan fried method, and just as tasty. So it I NOT crap until after digestion takes place. ;-)

This post was edited

Well, you did have the opportunity to see the title of the thread and decide if you wanted to read it or not, so not my fault.It was a joke not a serious reply

And a good joke it was. Saw a comedian not to long ago that questioned why vegetarians try to make their food taste like meat. You never hear of a meat lover trying to make their meat taste like vegetables.

This post was edited

Has anyone tried this method of frying bacon since I first posted about it? How did it turn out for you?

This post was edited